It is true, you know.
{Gratuitous picture of Tin Man and Ruby Red Slippers in Chicago Fall 2010}
I am on a count down until Tin Man comes home from his first ever "Man-cation".
{Man + Vacation = Tin Man and his best friend on a dive trip for way too long...}
...And he won't be home until Tuesday evening!
When the boys were little, Tin Man traveled A LOT for work.
I was use to being on my own a couple of nights a week.
So I thought this little 'vaca' of his would just be a blip on our screen.
Just a little inconvenience...
If I am honest, and I am-
I would tell you how I didn't think I would miss him so much.
With nearly 15 years of marriage under my belt-
I was looking forward to a little 'alone' time.
And I did have fun...the first day.
{But then again, I was at school- and I am still looking forward to every day. I love my class!}
But, by the time I had to get all three boys to bed after a LONG day-
Two boys were crying, (one was getting sick, and the other one was over-tired...)
and one was writing an apology letter to his teacher. (!!! Don't even ask-My parenting skills were in high demand that night.)
The dog got into the garbage,
then,
The dog got into the garbage,
then,
my cell phone started ringing in the middle of it-
and then the house phone chimed in.
I was ready for Tin Man to come home, ...and I hadn't even lasted 12 hours!
The next morning-
I had to make all three boys lunches,
and two snacks.
I was trying to get breakfast together,
get the coffee made (because I simply can't function without it-),
letting the dog out,
and feeding her-
Backing out my car so it could warm up before
loading everyone in,
with all their stuff-
and then running back into the house because someone (of course!) forgot something.
We barely made it to school on time.
Just barely.
By the weekend,
My dad came over so my mom and I could go shopping together on Saturday.
My birthday money was burning a hole in my pocket {-even my class gave me an American Express gift card for my birthday-which was so generous, and so kind!}
-and I was missing my Tin Man so desperately, shopping seemed like the only cure...
{-Insert winking smiley face here-}
Today, the boys have me watching the LIONS,
but a concession of mine-
they are also cleaning their playroom with my help.
For some reason,
whenever Tin Man is out of town,
I go on a cleaning frenzy.
{Fine, I know it may be called OCD-}
I have already cleaned out my closet,
packing things for the Salvation Army Donation Truck-
and organized my pantry, and linen closet.
And the boys and I picked up and put away all the clothes.
That is a project of epic proportions, if there ever was one-
-Because laundry was a problem before I was working,
Now it is out of control.
Out. Of. Control.
Today, the boys have me watching the LIONS,
but a concession of mine-
they are also cleaning their playroom with my help.
For some reason,
whenever Tin Man is out of town,
I go on a cleaning frenzy.
{Fine, I know it may be called OCD-}
I have already cleaned out my closet,
packing things for the Salvation Army Donation Truck-
and organized my pantry, and linen closet.
And the boys and I picked up and put away all the clothes.
That is a project of epic proportions, if there ever was one-
-Because laundry was a problem before I was working,
Now it is out of control.
Out. Of. Control.
So I am ready for Tin Man to come home.
My cleaning skills don't impress him that much,
But I really can't wait to just give him a hug,
and hand over the reigns of co-parenting these boys.
I realized this week
I really can't do this without him.
My cleaning skills don't impress him that much,
But I really can't wait to just give him a hug,
and hand over the reigns of co-parenting these boys.
I realized this week
I really can't do this without him.
...And I'll show him what he {Oh! And don't forget my class!} bought me for my birthday.
I mean, he was out of town-
and I am sure this is what he meant to buy for me before he left:
{And, Yes, those really are sequins-I do like my sparkly things!}
At least, I am pretty sure this is what he meant to buy me...
I'll think of him every time I look at it.
Um, Yeah.
That's it.
That's the angle I will play for this one...
Have a great week.
I know I will by Wednesday...
Have a great week.
I know I will by Wednesday...

(...who -in a family of four boys- needs sparkly things. Ohhh. That's perfect. That's the second angle I'll play...}




7 comments:
Great post...love that purse!
Hang in there! When my husband travels everything goes wrong from the house, to the car to the kids...always!
sandy toe
Oh he SO wanted you to have that purse! I'm sure you can't wait until he gets home...what a few days you've had. I know you'll be giving him big hugs.
Great post...I know what you mean. My hubby doesn't travel, but he leaves before the kids get up and somedays doesn't get home until I'm off to bed. I HATE dinner and bedtime without him. The kids become little monsters! Any more when they get home from school they have 2 questions, "What's for dinner?" and "Is Daddy going to be home for dinner?" I think that's when they begin plotting against me. It's a conspiracy, I know it! ;)
Love the bag. Hang in there 'til Tin Man gets home. I know you can do it!
Girl, I can so relate! Of course, after being married for 21 years, having Chris travel 3-5 nights out of every week has become not as big a deal as it was when we were newly married. You just sort of accept it as being the new "normal". Things do seem to run much more smoothly when he's HOME. Wishing you a happy reunion...and I LOVE your purse!
Of course he meant to buy you that purse. He may come home with the matching wallet now that he sees you saved him some trouble : ) I am sure of it!!! And I totally understand how we think we'll be just fine on our own and 14 hours later we are staring at the phone wishing for him to call and say he's on the way. I get it 100%. Great job on all the cleaning, though. WOW!
Love the bag. I hate it when my hubby is away ( which never happens). Praying for his safe return.
Hope you survived your husband's man-cation! Love the bag. Have you got that laundry under control yet? Don't worry mine never is either. Wishing you a lovely day this Thursday. Will be thinking of you and all my other US friends as you celebrate with your families.
Lindsay
x
Post a Comment