I adore Christmas music!
Our whole family agrees that the only music that can be played in the month of December should be Christmas.
I have shared my favorites before- one of them being George Michael's "Last Christmas".
I know, I have terrible taste.
But I love that song!
It is actually sad, and quite depressing-
but for some reason,
I LOVE-
Other than that one ridiculous song choice,
I swear, I have other (better-) favorites.
Well. Let's see...
I do love the Mariah Carey Christmas CD.
Not just one song, but all of them.
Maybe I should just stop now.
I can tell you are not impressed.
Okay.
Chris Tomlin. 'Glory in the Highest'.
This is amazing.
So good.
I am playing it everyday in my classroom.
I should have bought a few more as gifts-
This will now be on my list to buy for everyone next year.
But~
My other favorite this year became a favorite last year.
Casting Crowns, 'Peace On Earth'.
(I quote one song up in my Blog Header-)
So this year,
I was on the lookout.
I bought one for each family in my class...
{Shhh! Don't tell them!}
...and one for you!
I can't believe I have written 500 posts!
(Actually, I can-)
This blog has been my journal of our family over the last few years.
I really was technologically incompetent before starting this thing, and somehow (through trial and error-), I taught myself what to do to be a 'blogger'.
Now, I can get my way around a computer,
and keep friends and family
(Kylie, Sandy Toes, Paula, HD, Quiche Me and Family, Cottage Neighbors,
and my extended family in Ohio-)
updated on our family.
I have met new friends who have become so dear-
Naomi, Lindsay, April, Kelli, and so many others.
So this year, I want to offer my favorite Christmas CD as a thank you for listening as I write.
{And I won't torture you with George Michael or Mariah Carey Christmas-
I'll keep those for myself to sing in the car to my boys-}
I always have so many thoughts swirling around my head, and it is so cathartic
for me to write!
So thank you.
Thank you for your kind comments-
and through the years, even your prayers, as I have spilled out some personal struggles or worries.
Simply leave one comment on this post before DECEMBER 17th, and your e-mail address or blog so I can notify the winner.
I will pick ONE random winner.
***Now one thing I can't promise: Getting your CD to you before Christmas!
I don't have as much free time as I use to, and Kylie will tell you: Her October birthday gift is still M.I.A. but will be sent with her Christmas gift...***

(...who loves Christmas music. Especially George Michael's, 'Last Christmas'.)
**UPDATE**
The winner is:
Random Integer Generator
Here are your random numbers:
4
Julie!
Congrats-
**UPDATE**
The winner is:
Random Integer Generator
Here are your random numbers:
4
Julie!
Congrats-






13 comments:
it has been nice this past week... listening to christmas music and singing along and feeling the joy slip in. i love this cd... and i just picked it up (so don't enter me!)happy to get such a deal!
my 2 favorites? kenny rogers "the gift" and amy grant's "christmas collection." i can listen to "i need a silent night" over and over again!
and your families are going to be so thrilled... i think they must know how blessed they are to have you be their child's teacher!
Congrats on 500 posts!!! I love Christmas music too. I start listening to it on Thanksgiving. :)
Wow! 500 posts! One of these days I will start my own blog. I would LOVE to win the CD!! I am sure my son & I would love it! Thanks!
Kathy kykathy@aol.com
congrats on the posts :) I wouldn't mind a George Michael CD... that song is awesome!!! Merry Christmas!
I'm a huge fan of Casting Crowns, so I would love to win! 500 posts, huh? That's quite an accomplishment and definitely one to be very proud of! So happy that our paths have crossed here in Blogland!
Wow! 500 posts! (Picture me bowing to your awesomeness! :D) At the rate I am going, I may accomplish that in ten years!
I think of you often and I miss getting the chance to connect with you. :)
I love George Michael AND Mariah's Christmas songs so we can hang our heads in shame together! I am going to check out iTunes for the others. and Congrats!!!! on 500 posts.
I love Christmas music, I love Christmas! I must admit that Ive been struggling with all that life has thrown at me lately and what Ive obligated myself to however, a lot of things will end in the next two weeks and I would love a new CD to listen to, to relax by candle light and the light of the Christmas tree to. Ive enjoyed your blog so much! Thank you!
www.smithfamilyx6.blogspot.com
love your blog!!
Oh how I love Christmas music...I started in November (I played it low so no one at work would make fun of me!). This sounds like a beautiful CD...I love Casting Crowns. I haven't heard it. Ha! Mariah Carey just came on the radio...now I'm going to think of you.
OH how fun!
Congrats on all those posts! Wow!
Sandy Toe
500 posts--WOWIE!
We love Christmas music here. Growing up we would sing Christmas songs in the car all year around. Much fun! I love Casting Crowns. Saw them in concert 2 years ago. Wish I had their Christmas CD... ;)
500 posts!! You are the woman. I am loving the Christmas season and it even got a little chilly down here in Florida. Hope ypu enjoy the rest of the year. PS your tree is beautiful.
Post a Comment