Christmas movies.
Oh, how I LOVE this time of the year!
We pull out the Christmas movies in December and watch them all month.
We put the boys to bed in the evening,
and watch the classics and favorites like:
(My personal favorite-)
With the kids we watch:
among many, many others.
We already started this year's Christmas movie season with,
ELF;
our family favorite.
{And yes, we mute a couple of choice words near the end for the ears of our four year old.}
I can't wait for our boys to be old enough to watch this:
A Christmas Story with us.
They have never seen it, and after previewing it last night, we decided
we still need to hold off--the four letter words were flying...
{I didn't remember that!}
However, when they DO finally watch it with us,
we still need to hold off--the four letter words were flying...
{I didn't remember that!}
However, when they DO finally watch it with us,
I have a feeling they will relate way too much.
Take a peek:
{Mute the music at the bottom if necessary-}
It's a guy thing...I think.
I didn't grow up with dreams of BB guns in my dreams.
But Tin Man did,
and how fortunate he came across a Daisy Red Rider this summer for the boys.
(Insert sarcasm here-)
We got together with Sandy Toes and her kids at her parent's cottage this summer, and her oldest son just got a new BB gun from his Granddad with a scope "...and everything, MOM!".
(Yeah-so?)
It was all my boys could talk about.
It had a scope,
they could learn to shoot tin cans with Dad,
they would be very careful,
they even swore cross-their-hearts so careful!
(And your point being?!)
The talk didn't make it to my ears, let's say.
However, Tin Man-being the big push over he is-
(Actually, he's not usually, really. I just threw that in for effect-)
just happened upon a wonderful, you won't believe it honey!, super-duper, oh-so-cool,
Daisy Red Rider BB gun.
Daisy Red Rider BB gun.
My first words when seeing this miracle of miracles was:
(Come On Now: Say it with me-)
"You'll shoot your eyes out!"
Right from the movie, A Christmas Story.
It just popped out of my mouth.
I think every mom thinks the way she does in the movie.
But they didn't.
Shoot their eyes out, I mean.
I was impressed.
Tin Man taught them basic gun safety,
-as he was a former police man, and he knows what to teach them-
and they listened intently.
The tin cans were tumbling off the stump in no time.
The target was being hit, somewhat near center.
When I walked outside to see the progression of my sharp shooters,
they asked me if I wanted to try it out.
I said sure--with a cocky smile.
You see, they forgot-I was raised with two [boy] cousins who taught me to shoot.
I may wear sparkly shoes, spend money on home decor & clothing, and prefer to get my nails done,
but, I can shoot.
Accurately.
And I did.
The ground was littered with the tin cans that were knocked to the ground.
(Well, maybe I exaggerate-It wasn't like I was in an action movie with Rambo, or anything-)
But I did impressed my boys.
All of them.
It's nice to throw them all for a loop sometimes.
Then, I handed the gun back to Tin Man,
as his mouth was still hanging open,
and said,
"Have fun guys, but really-
don't shoot your eye out.
Blood will still make me pass out,
so I won't be of much help if you do."
...and went back into the cottage to read a book.
What is YOUR favorite Christmas movie???


(...who is a secret sharp-shooter. Watch out.)










4 comments:
Look at you gettin in on the action! A Christmas Story is my all-time favorite and of course, I love that it was filmed in Cleveland (that's where I grew up!).
I have never seen ELF or A Christmas Story! Is this the year?? I am so impressed that you are shooting with the boys! I despise guns and hunting but I do like to shoot tin cans on occasion!:) Great stress reliever! Lori
"Christmas Story" is a huge favorite at our house, but I LOVE "Miracle on 34th Street"!
Look at you shooting that gun like a pro! Girl...I am impressed! Do you know that Chris took Brittany dove hunting when she was about 8 years old and she loved it! Of course, she's hasn't gone since. I'm a big ol' chicken when it comes to guns! :)
Makes me laugh! Hubby got a little BB gun last summer. At first I refused to let the kids touch it--they may shoot their eye out! But since Hubby is a police man I got overruled! So we all got lessons. Yes, even me, who won't touch guns. I did very well--apparently I'm a natural. ;)
Post a Comment