Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas Traditions: Books For the Month of December...


Oh how I LOVE Christmas!
We have decorated for Christmas~
So.
Christmas.
Christmas books by the fireplace ready to read.
That's what we set out, and read for the month of December.
We have so many Christmas books,
 I even took a stash into my classroom to share with my little first graders.
I can't wait to share with them the 12 Australian Days of Christmas!
 Kylie gave us that book a few years ago and we just love that one, and the CD with it..
I know my little first graders will just love it too-


One book we start reading the first of December is the Jesse Tree Book, which is an Advent/Bible Study to do with your children each night.
We usually read it at dinner (or breakfast-).
It celebrates the real meanings of everything about Christmas, shows the scripture references, and we make ornaments from the book that we put on our tree.
Such a great advent project to do during December with the boys!
post signature
(...who loves reading Christmas books!)

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Oh, I must look into that book! I need to get better about finding seasonal books for the kids...thanks for sharing.

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

The Jesse Tree book sounds terrific! I need to look into that one. One of my favorite books to read at Christmas is The Best Christmas Pageant Ever. I always get choked up.