When I said I had an alternate plan when Tin Man dissed my RV idea,
I so did.
15 by 15 square feet of fun,
with two giant rooms,
(one for sleeping, one for games-)
in the woods,
in the sun
(but not in the rain, which they tried, but was not so great-
We did find out, though, that keeping cards in plastic bags while tenting is a GREAT idea...).
(Bedding in the dryer after a night of rain...)
The big kids can stay up late,
playing their Monopoly, LIFE, and Uno,
lit by their LED battery operated lanterns.
I called it "Mini Cottage"
{because it is big enough to be one!}
or at times "The Cottage Addition"
until the big kids came up with their own name:
"Camp Huron".
I have no desire to be in there with them,
{Tin Man said he might spend a night in there-}
I'll stick to my bed
(where I can see them from my window and hear them giggling-late into the night).
And I do have to say,
they look like they are continuing to have fun this summer...
Cottage, RV, and Tent...Oh My!
This is what summer in Northern Michigan is all about.

(...who is not a camping kind of gal, but her boys sure are-)



2 comments:
Camp Huron looks lots of fun for the kids but like you I would prefer to be warm and dry inside your cottage or even the RV! The kids are going to remember these fun times though, so glad your friends are enjoying the tent too. Loved seeing inside - very cosy.
Lindsay
x
I haven't visited you in a while! I've missed ya! Camp Huron looks like a bunch of fun (for kids that is!)
Post a Comment