After the first week at the cottage, summer just seems to fly by!
{How does that happen exactly, I don't know~}
Over the fourth of July,
we were packed to the gills with family and friends. (!!!)
{I have to say with all the craziness, the week of the 4th is my favorite week of the year-seriously.
It is better than Christmas, and my birthday!}
How blessed were we when my parents friends (who live in town up here-)
decided to drop off their RV for the older kids for the week.
I don't have a land-line phone up here, and my mobile barely works. Sometimes I can sit outside and catch an Internet connection (like now-) but I have a short battery life. But somehow, I wanted to let Tin Man know what he would see when he pulled up for the weekend.
So, I sent him a message on Facebook:
"Honey, don't be alarmed when you see an RV
in front of the cottage when you arrive."
{Did I ever mention how we don't camp and have never had the urge to "RV" it?}
Needless to say, he was alarmed, but couldn't contact me.
{Priceless!}
What he said to me when he got here was this:
"Lucy, what are you up to?"
{As in Lucille Ball and her crazy antics that drove her husband batty.}
Here was his view when he arrived at the cottage:
The kids, however, LOVED their week in the RV.
They had sleepovers with the neighbor boys,
they played Monopoly, LIFE, War, UNO, and various other card games until way after I went to sleep.
They read their books in there
and when our Tennessee friends arrived,
their daughter joined them for the rest of the week in their own private
"Tween Hangout".
We all were so sad to see it leave after the week was up.
So sad that I said to Tin Man,
"We have got to get a cheap one,
how fun was that for the kids?"
He said the boys' next father could get them one.
{I guess he wasn't the RV fan I hoped he would turn out to be-}
That was okay though.
I had another plan up my sleeve...and he wasn't as opposed to my next scheme.
(...stay tuned!)
In the meantime,
here is a picture of a sunny day recently spent at the beach that was positively LOVELY:

(...who loved the RV parked in the front yard...who knew?!)



4 comments:
My sweetie wants to buy an RV and tool around the US!:) I am not a camper kind of girl, at least I didn't think I was, but you have me thinking again.:) Perhaps they are fun after all! Lori
So glad you are having fun! I feel like I am enjoying the beach through you, Sweetie!
Looks like you are all having a wonderful summer. You made me giggle about the RV. I am imagining you in that movie RV, so funny. I am looking forward to hearing the other plan that you have up your sleeve :)
Lindsay
x
You MUST get those boys a camper! We just got an 18 foot travel trailer this spring and it has been the BEST thing we ever did. It is small and cozy, cheap but clean and the kids absolutely love it. Tell Tin Man to do it for the kids, he will never regret it and the kids will have so many precious memories!
One more thing... then you can decorate the camper like these http://pinterest.com/bunchofscrap/happy-campers/ and blog about it ;)
Post a Comment