Ahhh~
The first week at the cottage for the summer is
always my favorite.
It is the calm before the many visitors for the following week start arriving.
(Let's see: We have 12 guests -!!!- arriving for the 4th of July,
and when you add in our family, the total will be 17!!!
But best friends and family are always welcome...
"First" flowers, herbs, and veggies planted.
(New table for the deck! A $30 dollar steal at the Goodwill!)
"First" batch of 'Poor Man's Lemonade' ready for tasting:
{Poor Man's Lemonade:
Lemon Juice, sugar, cold water, and ice cubes: Easy-Peasy!}
"First" game of Chess....with DAD and sons:
(Ruby Red does NOT play Chess...Ev.Er.)
"First" walk on the beach after dinner:
"First" Critters found in the woods:
(The Neighborhood Baby Raccoons: Cute until they get into the garbage...)
"First" books read in one sitting:
"First" hermit crab spotted in the kitchen-!!-:
"First" glimpse of a beachy day:
"First" day in the water...
...Ahhhh!
Here's to a great first week at the cottage.
Hope you can dip your toes in the warm sand soon too,

(...who is known as Ruby Red Flip-Flops until the end of August...)



7 comments:
I know you guys are truly enjoying yourselves. Wish I was there!! The pictures of the water are just fascinating.
What an amazing get away! Looks like week one was grand!
Cheers!
I just love you, Rubes.
No matter how long I am away from your blog, I always wish you were my neighbor when I click on your updates to read!
Enjoy this summer!!!
.mac :)
Sounds like a great start to a wonderful summer, have fun!
Have a wonderful 4th July weekend with all your guests. Loved seeing your beachy pictures. Glad you are having a great time :)
Lindsay
x
I think "ahhh" is the perfect descriptive! It looks utterly relaxing - so jealous! :)
I love your new little "island" in the kitchen...I don't remember that!
sandy toe
Post a Comment