Wednesday, June 8, 2011

How Do You Measure A Year?

44 boxes of tissues,
2 boxes of industrial sized hand sanitizer,
9 lost teeth {right in the classroom-},
2 boxes of Band-Aides,
21 classroom books made, 
17 classroom butterflies released,
6 papers ripped up in anger while I watched,
1 chapel presentation
that almost made me lose my mind while planning it,
countless tears,
and many more countless but meaningful hugs.
Quite a few "Red Light Behavior" days,
several "Yellow Light Behavior" days,
and many more "Green Light Behavior" days...


...and 19 little people who made me excited each day to be their teacher.
What. A. Great. Year.


post signature
(...who didn't know how much I had missed teaching during the 10 year break I took until this year...)

4 comments:

Lindsay-ann said...

So glad you had a fantastic year with them. They will never forget you I am sure of that :)
So when do you leave for the cottage? We don't finish until July 22nd :(
Miss you.
Lindsay
x

Em said...

Glad you had a great year :)

Jen said...

Looks like you had a great year!! Now it's time for Summer and like Lindsay-Ann I am wondering when you leave for your cottage! I love living vicariously through you!! Ha!!!

Happy Friday!

Jen

Dawn said...

i cannot believe this year is over already! and i can't believe it's been a year since i sat at your table and laughed the morning away! i am so happy that this year was even more beautiful that you expected :) only 6 papers torn up? not bad! not bad at all!