Monday, July 8, 2013

Mackinac Island Is Best Toured With Friends

Our dear Tennessee friends had never been to one of the most beautiful and special places in Michigan: Mackinac Island.

We HAD to take them-


So,
Out of their two week vacation to visit us,

We all took a long weekend to the Upper Peninsula,

And spent a full day on the Island.

There are no cars here,

Or motorized vehicles here. You arrive by ferry (or plane-)

You can bring your bike,

And do what we did,

Tour the eight mile Island on your bike...
Making several stops along the way-
Eat dinner in town (I recommend the Pink Pony-yum-)

And catch the last ferry of the day back to the U.P...beautiful. 
And memorable.


Happy Summer, Y'All!

post signature
(...who loves, LOVES Mackinac  Island and spending time with dear friends there-)

2 comments:

mysteryhistorymom said...

I've always wanted to go there! Such a great post! Lori

Dawn said...

I love that last family shot! and the one of you & your friend on your bikes!!! one of these days I am going to make it back there... our few hours were far too short! (and so glad you had a great visit!!!)