Thursday, July 25, 2013

Tough Mudder...Kid-Sized

Have you ever heard of the "Tough Mudder" race?
(Google it for a better, more correct definition!)
From what I understand, it is something of a 5K race, with muddy, difficult obstacles along the way.
There are electric wires that could low-voltage shock you, 
rope climbing things, 
barbed wire to climb under....
Yikes! Right?

(This is not a post to tell you I am ever considering doing this kind of lunacy!)
It scares me just thinking about it! It sounds beyond hard...and awful!

However, a cottage neighbor competed in it, 
and even shaved his head into a Mohawk for the competition.  
He LOOKED like a Tough Mudder, and he actually had fun, so he IS a Tough Mudder, in my book!
My boys were full of admiration for all the terrible things he described that are in the Tough Mudder. 
They wanted all the details!

Then, they created there own "Tough Mudder...Kid-Style, here at the cottage.

It involved the playscape, & back yard. 
They invented various challenges, like trying to jump over things while being sprayed with water, crossing the monkey bars, and dismantled swing-ropes to swing across, and running as fast as they could around the cottage.

And of course, they got as muddy as they possibly could:

Which was fine with me...
Remember, I have an outdoor shower:
and all my doors lock until my little critters are shiny-clean.
(Insert maniacal laugh here!) 

 Seriously, I don't mind the mud, and dirt-
and the competition-
that is what summer should be about.
Right?
But I really do lock the doors...

Happy Summer!

post signature
(...who admires Tough Mudders, who doesn't mind seeing a bit of mud, but can pretty much guarantee I will not become one in this lifetime!) 



1 comment:

Mrs.Busy Bee said...

So love that sign, is that yours? Never saw it, but SO True! I am taking in the little feet and hands.