Monday, July 8, 2013

Oh How I Love You! Let Me Count The Meals!!!

Spending the summer Up North at our cottage is always something our family looks forward to. 
One thing that makes this place so special to us is our neighbors.
I truly ADORE each & every one of them!
Each family is different-
Each family subscribes to their own creed-
Church goers, or not-
Democrat or Republican-
Engineer, artist, teacher, CAD designer,  antique delear, executive secretary, retired, biologist & automotive manufacture rep.-
All different...beliefs, jobs, and even where we live downstate.

Yet,
Our love of this area,
The love of our children,
And the respect for the individuality we each represent is present.  

Out of this,
Friendship has taken root.

Oh-there is ONE more thing-
Did I mention our common love of good food?!?
That is definitely a common bond!

For example,
Right before the Fourth,
our crew got together for a good, old, southern Shrimp Boil.

Sausage, shrimp, mussels, and scallops-
Corn, and potatoes too.
Boiled, then
Thrown out on on the picnic table covered in paper-

...and it was oh-so-good!
post signature
(...who loves good food, and time spent with good neighbors & friends!)

1 comment:

Dawn said...

that looks delicious!!! I am so glad you are back :) I missed you!