Welcome to my Laundry Room (?). I spend a bunch of time here trying to keep everyone and everything organized. My devotional today made me think of my attitude in this room. I must confess-I don't always feel thankful to be in here. (You may actually find me grumbling to the other person in this room-and that would be my cat-and he could care less...)
"Lord,
I stand alone in this room matching 400 white socks by size and similar stains. No one says, "Thank You." But thank You, my Lord for this privilege. While I vacuum the floor in here, and hang up the ever-multiplying coats, hats, and mittens, AND backpacks-Thank you , LORD for this privilege! May I always follow after YOUR example and give freely." Amen!
"Freely you have received, freely give."
Matthew 10:8

(...Who is trying to find it a privilege to match up socks, and pick up today...)
P.S. Stay tuned to find out WHY this room serves TWO purposes...



24 comments:
I am glad that you can see the bright side of laundry! Haha! It still drives me bonkers to find the right black dress sock that matches the other, the right white sock that is stretched out the same as another, and folding all of Mr. S.'s white t-shirts (does he really need to wear THAT many?!). I do love your laundry room though. It is so cute! I have a laundry closet, so I can't put up all of those cute decorations.
Love the makeover and looking forward to the two job descriptions...
Wow...if my laundry room were only that neat and tidy! Thanks for sharing your devotional...it does make you see the mundane task of doing the laundry in a different light. I STILL don't really care for it, though! :)
Your laundry room looks very tidy and organised. I love how you have laundry rooms in the US. Over here most people have washing machines in the kitchen. I think doing the laundry would not be so bad if I had a room like yours but I would probably hate it just as much! I am looking forward to hearing about the rooms other use.
Lindsay
I wish my laundry room was so pretty and inviting! Maybe I really would want to spend time in there then!
Loved your prayer. Maybe I'll print it out and tape it to the wall in my laundry room!
Don't have a laundry room. Our house is so small, the washer and dryer sit right off the kitchen. Yours is beautiful.
And great attitude regarding the laundry!
Don't have a laundry room. Our house is so small, the washer and dryer sit right off the kitchen. Yours is beautiful.
And great attitude regarding the laundry!
Very cute!!! I love those "tin" buckets above your laundry sink...what are in them???
I love my laundry room too...sometimes,I do need to find the right "attitude" when I am in there:)!
-sandy toe
Your laundry room is so
s p a c i o u s! What a blessing. You've done a lovely job of making it appealing, too. Very pretty. Especially like the Mom sign.
Every now and again I feel the same way. I feel like no one REALLY notices that they ALWAYS have clean socks and underwear and their favorite shirt to wear. If they do notice no one tells me so I feel very unappreciated. But then there are other days where I feel so honored to be able to show my love for my family by taking care of them. Today happens to be a good day for me... trust it isnt everyday I feel this way!
Well, at least you made it pretty!! My laundry room is kind of wrecktastic!
My kitchen is the thorn in my side. We're trying to redesign it and remodel on a budget, of course. I just ripped (took) the doors off of my dining room that connects to the kitchen!!! It's a start!
Then when I take a break of feeling sorry for myself for having such a crappy kitchen...I thank the Lord that I at least have a kitchen and am not cooking over an open fire!
Wow! I would love to have mine that sparkly. Wink. :)You have made it look so calming in there which is a good thing don't you think?
Yes, it's a privilege...repeat to ourselves...it's a privilege. :)
It is scary how you read my mind like that. I was just thinking about how ugly the post I prepaired was sounding. I need to be thankful for what I do have. I am changing it now before I post it.
Your laundry room is very nice and not quite as cluttered as mine. Where is all the dirty laundry? Love the MOM sign
Whatever your work is, do it gladly. Do it as you would do it unto the Lord and not for people. Col 3:23
Lovely laundry room! Very bright and cheerful!
Ruby Red you crack me up with your wording...matching the similarly stained socks! I feel the same way sometimes and I thank you for the kind and uplifting reminder for me to feel thankful to have a wonderful family to keep up with, etc...
By the way~ your laundry room is super cute! I really like it hun!
I wish my laundry room looked that neat! You inspire me! Love the background by the way!
If only my room could look that way. If only my house could stay as clean as yours. If you're missing some socks they are probably at my house. I do believe I have 3 individual socks of yours. Have a good one!
That is a clean and organized laundry room. I would be singing praises in there also.
You know, I just thought of something. Why don't we have tv's installed in our laundry rooms? We could catch up on all of our shows. Laundry would actually be fun while watching American Idol. :-)
That hook thing is going to come off the wall!!! I think it needs one more backpack!
I do not look forward to the day when the boys are as big as their dad and all the underwear and socks are the same dang size!
Amen.
Your laundry room looks so neat.
The LR is the only room in the house that is just mine. I am hoping to fix it up very soon.
It is so easy to give up with all those little socks, lunch bags and lint! Thanks for the inspiration today!
Post a Comment