Monday, January 5, 2009

Hi. My Name is Ruby Red Slippers and I Am An Addict...



I was given a fabulous award that really resembles my life and my blog-so much so it is scary!



Well, I guess I should 'fess up:



I am (at least) 30 pounds heavier than the girl in the picture,



My dog is ivory colored, and DRAGGING me behind her,



I am pushing a stroller, and holding the hand of my preschooler, AND walking the dog, (and yes, the bag I am also holding contains dog poop...)


My purse MAY be PRADA, but it is MUCH BIGGER than hers because I carry three-oops!-FOUR people's belongings in there,



If I am wearing a hat, it is only because I am trying desperately to hide my frizzy, messy hair I didn't have time to wash...

HEELS?!? Yeah, right!!! (Not in THIS decade!) I don't even wear them to church! I need flip-flops. (Easy on, easy off...)

(Wow! I feel so much better with all that off my chest...)

NOW, on to my five addictions:

A morning cup of coffee. If it is from Tim Horton's-that's even better. I love their coffee so much, my husband bought stock in the company for me! (No, I am NOT kidding...)
A book by my bedside every night. (I am sure that is a huge surprise...)
My family. (I would rather hang out with my Husband, kids, parents, and sister than getting a manicure-and I love a manicure!)
People Magazine. (My mail lady knows-I meet her at the curb on Friday!)
Can you be addicted to blogging? I think I might be...O.K. FINE! I KNOW I am! (I love to write posts, and read all yours! I limit myself to when the kids are sleeping. It is a win-win here, though. I blog while my husband plays X-Box and we hang out together! I show him pictures from your blogs, and tell him about about recipes you post so he can cook them for us!)

Here is what I am NOT addicted to:

Laundry. I HATE it...laundry is my form of the movie "Groundhog's Day".
Exercise. I wish I was though! (Does running up three flights of stairs at least 100 times a day count?! Well, it should!!) However, the Wii may help me with this... (I am becoming addicted to DDR-That would be "Dance, Dance, Revolution" for those of you who don't know...)
Walking the dog in the snow. Why, oh, why do we live in such a cold state? I am guaranteed to have at least three (!) more months of this.
Putting gas in my car. Somehow I always spill it on me! I beg Tin Man to do it every time we are out.
Cleaning my house. However, I am OBSESSED with order, so generally, it is picked up. (If it is a mess, that is most likely the reason I am in a bad mood. I fall asleep organizing things in my mind and changing around the furniture ...how sad.)

Thank you, Bonavita for this award! This so describes me, like I said before... http://bonavita.wordpress.com/2008/12/11/five-passions/. She has instructed me to list 5 things that I am addicted to and then pass the award on to 5 blogs that I enjoy and follow.


So here are the five blogs that may cause me one day to be in a 12-step program for blog addiction:


Girly Things

Buzzings of A Queen Bee

Shell In Your Pocket

Riding the Short Bus

The Way It Is


Now, "What is Mickey doing here?", you ask...
Our family is taking a vacation to see that little mouse and my older brother, my dear-traveling- parents, and one talented cousin. We are blessed to have our cousin who works at Disney World, invite us down for a visit and passes to Disney. So after some (CRAZY!!!) last minute planning, we are heading down that way.

post signature(And-Thank you for reading my blog in spite of my addiction issues...)

28 comments:

Shell in your Pocket said...

How fun! I hate to admit it but I am addicted to blogging too...no one in my family understands it!

Going to Disney..how fun! I love it there...it truly is "magical"!
-sandy toes

Edwina at The Picket Fence said...

I can relate to what you are not addicted to!!! Have fun at Disney, we took our kids and GRANDbabies there last February and had a blast.

Sweet Simplicity said...

You are so funny! I love it.
I make my hubby pump the gas too. I just hate doing it.

Annikke said...

I love your lists! I love learning more about people through these awards and such! It is so fun!!

Kristin said...

Thanks so much for the award. Love it, and I too am a blog addict.

Mother Hood said...

Just about every word of your blog award lady fits me! Especially the HUGE bag (mine is a Burberry diaper bag/tote though) and tucking the frizzy hair into a hat!

And of course, I'm sportin' my fake rhinestone encrusted sunglasses to hide the dark under-eye circles. No sense in buying the real thing, cuz the baby ends up yankin' them off my face and snapping the arms off of them!

Mrs. S. said...

I just passed an award on your way!

Femin Susan said...

Hi.../
Its too funny.........

2 Little Irish Boys said...

We are addicted to some of the same things. I love my People magazine and get so upset if something happens and it is not here on Friday. I hate cleaning house and rarely do it-rather hang out with my boys.
I love my diaper bag-Coach. It is fabulous and light blue insigna. Too Cute!
I am so jealous about your trip to Disney-can't wait to see the pics. Have fun!!

Ms. Tee said...

Fun to learn those thing about you! :) I've got a lot of blog reading to catch up on myself!
Have a wonderful trip - how fun! :)

The Farmers Wife said...

Oh how I do appreciate your blog! As I sit here typing I am ignoring the ugly stare of a pile of laundry right now... What I hate even more? The dishes. HATE THEM!
Love your blog though!

Sandra said...

OOOHHHH!!! Have a great time!!!

I live 30 minutes from the Anaheim one. We went to the Florida one in 2005.. boy... its HUGE!!!

Kiss Mickey for me!

I Love Purple More Than You said...

I'm so with you on the People magazine and blogging addiction! Congrats on your award!

April said...

Yep, I think you and I both need to go on "Intervention" for our blog addictions. I have it bad, too! I certainly never quite understood it before I took the big leap, but now, I'm hooked! It's funny how you can develop friendships in a place called Blogland. My husband thinks I'm a bit "off". :)

Congrats on your award! Have lots of fun at Disney...when are your going?

The Berry's Patch said...

At least it's warmer at Disney World. We just came from Disney Land...so much fun!

I'm so glad my hubby is not the ONLY hubby that plays X-box. I blog while he is playing. I make him turn the volume way down. I can't stand to listen to him shooting and killing aliens. It's very disturbing.

Congratulations on your award. I enjoyed hearing about your addictions. They are really close to mine.

Oh, and one more thing...you could always get a treadmill for the dog. :-)

HeatherPride said...

Man! Sorry about the late arrival! The old Short Bus must've broken down on me!

And girl, please. That woman in the picture totally NEEDS 30 pounds tacked on to her frame! That makes you one FIIIINE lookin' lady!

Happy to be addicted to you, too!

Anonymous said...

I hope that as I type you are enjoying Disney World with the family! Looking forward to reading about what you get up to...

I finished the beautiful book set you sent me on Jan 1... I couldn't get enough of them! They are wonderful, and on Jan 2, 'cause I missed them so much, I started again. Just such beautiful, beautiful, heartfelt stories...

MBB Founder and Editor Denene Millner said...

LOL! Your blog is adorable, and so are you and your ruby red slippers! I HATE putting gas in the car, too. Did you know that in NJ, it's against the law or something for you to pump your own gas? Yup, the gas stations have to pay someone to do it for you. I miss New Jersey. Well, at least that one little detail!

Girly Stuff said...

I will get right on this! I read part of your post one day...and was interrupted...so I was finishing it today and saw my name!

And now you are probably in the warm state of Florida with Mickey and his friends!

Have Fun!

Suzi said...

The name of your blog caught my attention! I too have 3 young boys, so you are not alone by any means. Life with boys is fun, challenging, rewarding, and messy.

Leah said...

Say hi to Mickey for me, I miss him.
Hope you and the family have a great time.

Quiche Me, I'm Yours! said...

Congrats on your award! I've been catching up on my blogging. Yours is the only one I've gotten to so far. I've enjoyed reading all your post. I miss you come home!!!!!

LuLu said...

Just found your blog for the first time and laughed the whole time, love it. I'll be back to read more about "addictions", I too have many!!!
Happy New Year,
LuLu

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Girl, we all have things like that we should fess up to! Good for you! Here is mine...I am blogging in my husband's ratty t-shirt and a bathrobe that barely covers my belly. I look LOVELY! Thanks for tagging me, too! I hope you are having so much fun in Disney!
Carrie

Anonymous said...

How fun! I hope you have a wonderful trip to Disney and try to stay away from the puter. JKidding. :)

Anonymous said...

How fun! I hope you have a wonderful trip to Disney and try to stay away from the puter. JKidding. :)

michele said...

Oh, I love the world of blogging! And your blog is so much fun! Blessings, Michele

trish said...

What fun information to read about you! :o) Coffee is my morning companion as well. :o) My husband makes the very best coffee in the world! :o)
I hope that you are having a great time at Disney!!
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne