As for me, I wished her a very happy birthday by making her see a movie with me! (We also had her and her family over for dinner but she had to bring the Sweet Tea!! If that's not a Happy Birthday, what is?)

Bride Wars was THE girlfriend movie to see!!! We laughed the whole way through, and even got a little misty-eyed toward the end. We both loved it, and think you should grab a girlfriend and go see it.
OK. So that was the review (Recap: Go see it if you are a girl...or if you like girls).
Now on to what is on my mind:
Why is it so hard to make the time to go out with girlfriends??? Quiche Me and I are together a lot. We car-pool the kids together, we are neighbors, our kids play together, we have dinners together with the kids and the husbands, and we get together for coffee while the littlest ones play. But we realized the last time we went out without kids or husbands was last spring! Is that sad or what?!
(I had Tin Man take a picture so we have a record of THIS year's night out! LOL)
So, I have a question. I know life is busy, but how do you fit in your girlfriends? Can you balance a husband, kids, home, church, work, AND time with friends? How? No, really, HOW???
(...glad I had a girl's night out with Quiche Me-finally!)



30 comments:
thanks for the movie recommendation. I have recently gone on two dates with my husband and seen horrible movies. thanks!
I talk to my friends on the phone a lot, so I can get things done in the house while doing that... this helps me. I usually don't see them, and that is sad. But then I don't have many friends here and most of mine are in the states....
I thought that movie was going to be cute - maybe I'll get to see if before it comes out on dvd.
As for the girlfriend thing - I don't. We recently moved & I haven't really made any of those girlfriend relationships yet so I don't have to worry about it right now.
Glad y'all had time to get together.
I'm going to have to check that movie out, for sure! It is very hard to make time for your girlfriends...I e-mail and talk on the phone mostly, anymore. Sad to say, it just isn't quite the same as one-on-one time. Glad you and your special buddy had a fun night out...very cute picture!
i want to see that movie so bad! i made an afternoon date with some girlfriends to see it after church yesterday, but a meeting came up and we cancelled. maybe next week :)
Can't wait to see that movie!!! Let's see, girlfriends? I blog, text, email, Twitter, Facebook and talk! LOL! But we do try to get together! I had movie night last night with the neighbor girls. We watched Mamma Mia and ordered pizza and had a blast! Love your blog!
I am so glad to hear that this movie is good...I really want to go see it.
About your questions...I have a really hard time getting together with girlfriends too...now it seems like I talk to them more through facebook than actually seeing them face to face!
Thank you so much for the Birthday send out!!! My birthday wouldn't be as special if it weren't for my dearest friend! I had so much fun at the movies the other night. I can't wait to blog about it on Friday. I am truely blessed to have you in my life. Love ya!!
Since the guys have dinner/study tonight-come on over for a kid pleaser meal-Pasta! (but I will serve yours on fine china for your b-day!)
I want to see that movie -- I'm glad you liked it now I will definitely make the time to see it!
As for my girlfriends - I have one friend that I just schedule it to meet her once every other month for a Saturday lunch or dinner and maybe movie or shopping. Another one of my girlfriends we schedule it for a Saturday coffee once every 3 months or so. When I say schedule I mean seriously pick the date months in advance and put it on our calendars. Then I have several other friends that I don't schedule with and I admit it is hard to work everyone in! A friend of mine plans a "Ladies Night Out" every month, I have yet been able to go on the night she picks so I don't know how that works for everyone else involved!
I really want to see that movie!
I talk and email my girlfriends more than I see them. From talking to my "older" patients...once the family is on their own you start up the girlfriend thing again...I was talking to one in particular and she mentioned going to eat with her bookclub...then I decided "Dammit! I want to be in a bookclub!"
So I started one and we schedule all 4 of our meetings for the year in December and even though the dates might end up changing...we make it a priority to meet. If nothing else...we bring the kids...or we have brunch on Saturday so the husbands/grandparents can watch the kids. Or we have met at a restaurant at 8pm after the kids are in bed.
I downloaded Lucky...what a good song!
Good for you for taking time for yourself!
My husband has to work at church on Wednesdays nights and so I often plan things with my friends then. OR, we have his and hers nights, where we will meet another couple for dinner and then split off with the respective spouse. Those are fun.
I loved Bride Wars. There was a packed theatre and a collective gasp when Kate Hudson's fiancee opened that ring box!
My daughter just saw that film and loved it. I am glad you managed a night out with your friends. I manage a meal with my friends about 6 times a year. We all used to chat on a morning at the school gates after our kids went in. Now we do not get the chance as our kids are at High School. We go out for a meal in the evening and catch up with all the gossip!!!
Lindsay
We sneak over to each other's houses once the kids are in bed.And the husbands have their "cave time". This doesn't happen very often. Even if it's only for an hour to talk or watch a show together. It's worth every second.
I never for a second thought you were "Michigan" the heated commenter on my Jon&Kate+8 post. But thanks for clarifying that!
Check your junk email, cuz I emailed you yesterday, about my blog challenge!
It really is hard to get together with girlfriends and no kids...
I would like to see that movie. Hopefully Gary will not get it bootlegged at work so I can go to the real movies with a real friend : ).
It isn't easy is it? Most of my gal pal time involves playdates or twice a month bible studies.....
I definitely want to see this movie and I hope to go for my birthday.
I totally was not mad about the coment that you left on my site. The more that I thought about it, the more insensitive that I realized it might have sounded. I really didn't mean to offend you! But we are A-OK!
There are 5 of us girls who are very close BFF's. We have a weekly Bible Study every Thursday with the kids of course! But we faithfully have one "girls night out" a month. We just plan it and MAKE IT HAPPEN!!! It is SOOOO worth it! I LOVED that movie too btw! =]
Hi! I linked to your blog via Danielle. I hope you don't mind. Your boys are adorable! We're planning a birthday party trip to Disney in May for my daughter's 4th birthday. WE can't wait!
Girlfriend time is mostly spontaneous for me. Like this past Saturday night, I was out running errands...had the rest of the night free to myself and called my GF up and she was available so we saw "Last Chance Harvey."
I have a girlfriend staying here this week from Cleveland....we saw Benjamin Buttons...it was quite unique! That bride war movie sounded good!!!
-sandy toe
p.s. And my mom is here too..a FULL HOUSE!!!!!
I want to see that movie sooo bad. cherry
I want to see that movie sooo bad. cherry
I want to see that movie sooo bad. cherry
"how do you fit in your girlfriends? Can you balance a husband, kids, home, church, work, AND time with friends? How? No, really, HOW???"
I don't get it. You mean you actually have friends that spend time with and your kids aren't with you? Guess I better work on that. Haven't been out without hubby and kids since...college?
When your kids are in their 30's and you are unemployed there's plenty of time for everything else!
Stopped by from SITS - Hello!
Sorry about leaving Michigan out - I knew there was another M state that was super snowy!
I make lunch dates with my girlfriends while my kids are at school. Otherwise, I don't know that we'd see eachother.
I am so looking forward to seeing that with my two daughters. Glad you liked it.
Hey Ruby,
I try to meet once a week for lunch with a friend. It doesn't always happen but I try...we need our girlfriends. It's even harder now that I've started school. You should start up a bunco group. That way you can hang out with your friends at least once a month. Plus it's a fun game with prizes.
I just recently spent 1/2 a day with a girlfriend and it was so nice. It made us both feel "young" again and I just came away so refreshed. We promised each other we WOULD do it again soon. I wanna go see "shopaholic". I think it would be a good GF movie too!
Post a Comment