There are a quite a few things we enjoyed about our trip, so I will list the top five things (the good, the bad, and the ugly...) of our wonderful trip...
2. Eating in the South is always a treat for this Northern family. I will just show you a picture of my number one favorite place to eat:
(Tin Man said I was a cheap date-and he's right when it comes to this place.) Just give me the Original, and a small sweet tea (with a few lemons, please).
3. Medieval Knights was the place for my three little boys, my dear brother (who joined us from West Palm Beach), and my husband. The boys were in HEAVEN watching those horses and knights. Eating with their hands was a bonus- for them... (Not me! YUCK! I think I used all their wet wipes AND mine!) And even my little boys loved every minute of the action...
4. My parents were with us for three days in Florida. We had so much fun swimming, and showing them a good time. Todd was able to get them in with us, and so we went to Epcot. It was a special time for us all. What memories my kids will have of going there and showing Nana and Papa all their favorite exhibits! That was truly a highlight.
5. We TOTALLY enjoyed swimming and going in our hot tub every day and night. When you come from negative digit weather-you better believe we were swimming when it was sixty-five degrees! We were the only house who seemed to enjoy it a few of those (cooler?) days...
6. I know I said Top Five, but I have to add this-
My oldest son spent his actual birthday at Disney. His eyes lit up every time someone said "Happy Birthday!" to him as we walked through the Magic Kingdom and Epcot.What a magical day it was for him!!! His birthday wish was to take a picture of Chip and Dale:
Now for THE BAD:
1. I will not miss using public toilets while holding a two-year old's hand, and trying to balance myself (squatting) without touching ANYTHING in the stall...and making sure the two-year old doesn't open the door and show others my lovely pose...
(THERE IS NOT A PICTURE FOR THIS ONE!!!)
2. 
I know!! It was one of my Top "Good" things! But I am ready to have some home-cooked food. Salads, veggies, MEATLOAF, GRILLED chicken -that is what sounds really good to me after two weeks of "kid-friendly" food. I have had my fill of fries, burgers, and battered chicken for a very LONG time.
3. I am sending my five-year old to school today with blondish-GREENISH hair...Does anyone know what to do about GREEN hair??? I know it is chlorine-related, but no one has had this happen before in this house...(Don't tell me to cut it! I couldn't bear that!)
(...Showing off his kiss from Jasmine from the Aladdin Movie)
4. We drove from Michigan to Florida and back again. It actually wasn't so bad-we had a great time in the car with the kids, but after 18 hours each way-I hope my neighbor wants to drive the kids to school-I might have a claustrophobic moment (or two!) if I am in the car anytime soon! Towards the end of the trip-the boys made forts in the back with their blankets...It was too cute! Who cares if Tin Man couldn't see the rear-view!
For a few months there, we forgot how colicky our last baby has been...another darling baby was starting to sound good again... We are back to reality after the last few hours in the car:
(!!!!!)
Yeah, we are SO done with babies in this HOUSE!!! It's time for YOUto repopulate!! Overall, he was a trooper! But-It is a good thing that picture didn't come with sound! That's all I will say about that...
Anyways-its always good to spend time as a family on a fun adventure, but it is equally nice to come back...even with the frigid temperatures, it is good to be home!
(That's DOCTOR Ruby Red Slippers in Disney World Studies to you!!!)



17 comments:
Sounds like you had a wonderful time in Disneyworld. I have a suggestion for the green hair. I would always get green hair during the summer as a kid. Either washing hair with ketchup or some type of tomato based product. Or their is also a children's Sauve swimming shampoo. We love Chickfila too. We don't have any in California:((
Well, I guess with any trip there is the good and the bad! We have a chick fil a about two miles away..we love it there!
I love the picture with Mickey Mouse and everyone wearing Mickey "ears"..so cute!
Welcome home!
-sandy toe
So glad to hear you had a good time.
I can not wait until we get back there.
I have a chik-fil-a about 2 miles away and love there southwest salads!
Welcome home! I love the photos and commentary! 18 hours in the car!! You guys are troopers!! I'm very impressed by that!
Wow, it seemed like you were gone forever. I'm glad you had a great time. Not sure how to get the green out of the hair...google it. Whenever we get back from vacation, I always want to eat at home. I get sick of the fast food. :-)
Hey there! I think I mentioned we are going in June. Could you give us some referrals for some good places to eat? We will be staying in the park. Any other pointers would be appre.c. So glad you had a good time..and it is always a good feeling getting back home...you appreciate it more. As for the hair...this happened to me..I weave mine...the hairdresser had me use powdered vit. C. It worked. Check vit. store or natural food store. cherry
I'm glad you guys went! I love Disneyworld and Chicfila! I've never had them together...I guess it was divine...until day 7!
By the way...a small sweet tea from there? Whateva! Value-size it baby!
P.S. We made your tamale pie and it was great!
Wow - it looks like y'all had so much fun! I'm glad you got to have such a sweet time with your family! P.S. I'm in the south and we *love* our Chick-fil-a, too! Glad you're back safe & sound :)
Wow! What a trip! I think everyone should have a relative employed by Disney! Glad to have you back!
So glad you're finally back safely! Sure sounds like you had a memorable time in Florida! I don't know...I don't think I could ever tire of Chick Fil-A! :)
I remember all too well when my girls didn't travel very well and cried (OK, screamed!) nearly the entire time we were on the road. Makes for a LONG car ride!
Welcome back to Blogland! Have a blessed day!
Looks like you had a wonderful time. You are making me all excited about our trip to Orlando in April. Looks like you did your research and planning before you went as I did on our first trip. I even read the whole (unbelievable)chapter on how to get a table at Cinderella's Royal Table (sad or what?)!!!
Your pictures are amazing, you all look so happy. What fantastic memories you will keep of this trip. Will you be showing any more pictures? Pleeeeeease???
Lindsay
Lindsay
Hey Girl...
Here's the website where I put text on my pictures and all sorts of other neat stuff. You'll love it!
http://www.picnik.com
Welcome home!
We're going back to Disney in October I do believe and are already so super stoked! (We drove last time like you guys did. Not sure what we'll do this year though!)
Girl~ I am cracking up! I, too, HATE public potties and Chick-Fil-A is my most fav fast food restaurant! We have one in a mall here, but I love that they have real live stand alone ones down south!
Stay warm chicadee~ Les
Chic-fil-A rocks our family's world. What is it about their chicken that's so darn addicting? I might have to go there tomorrow. Thanks. :)
Sounds like a good time (for the most part) was had by all!
Jo
I had the whole green thing happen to me too. They make special shampoos for just such an occasion. They worked for me.
Good Morning! :o)
I love how you posted the good and bad sides of traveling on vacation! I had to laugh when you said that Chick Fil A was a "southern food." Only because I am a northern girl myself (living in the south now) and could so relate!
I hope your little one is feeling so much better by now. I know that can be tough driving when one is not feeling so good.
What a great idea to build forts in the back of your truck!! How ingenious! :o)
But the icing on the cake (no pun intended) had to be that your son was celebrating his actual birthday at Disney World! Wow! What a special treat.
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne
Post a Comment