(I mean, this is what it SHOULD look like...)Unfortunately~
I have had WAY too many car accidents in my years as a licenced driver. (Even pulling out of the Secretary of State with my dad at 16, I almost hit a car...that's pretty bad, I know!) To put your mind at ease, if you live in Michigan, there are special circumstances...(You would have to be at a stop, or behind me in my own driveway...) I have never been in a "moving violation" car accident... well, except at 17....but let's not talk about that one!
Over the years-somehow I have hit my (more than) fair share of parked (Yep! I said PARKED!) cars...
Let's reminisce, shall we???
I once hit someone in the McDonald's drive through line...(no marks, no foul!), I backed my truck into a parked car that was in the street, I have rear-ended a hitch on a truck while at a train crossing, I have ripped off my front bumper on the fire hydrant at the end of my driveway, and I hit my husband's car with MY truck as I backed out of the garage...twice...(The second time I hit Tin Man's car was when he finally yelled at me...)
I don't have any good excuses~
I wasn't drinking, I wasn't on a cell phone, I was not using any kind of drugs (unless coffee counts), my contacts or glasses were on- in every circumstance. Just so you know~ I NEVER parallel park-I realize the danger of placing myself in that situation.
This is just Despicable, I know.
Every time I have had one of these "incidents", Tin Man lectures me. ("Honey, are you paying attention? What are you thinking? You realize I have NEVER had an accident, How can this happen to you all the time??? Hon-you need to be aware of your surroundings at all times! Don't let the kids distract you!")
It was only after the last "incident" (when I hit his car AGAIN) that he finally yelled at me. Complete with swear words, which he is never one to do.
So imagine my glee (I mean, my HORROR) when Tin Man called me and said "Hon-I hit a concrete pillar in a parking garage on the way to the game because of the ice storm." (FINALLY!!!) I know he said "ice storm". That's not the point! He finally hit something! Not me!!!
(The glee I felt was NOT that he would be hurt-I would never, ever want that- just an end to the lectures on safe driving from my former police officer husband who "never in all his MANY years" has had an accident, and loves to remind me of this.)
I want to remember this-in case I have another "incident".
OH. Guess what? You know whose vehicle he was driving????
MINE. DANG! He was in my truck!!! Why did it have to be mine???
(...That would be me~ driving the cracked-up Trailblazer...again)



25 comments:
It is nice sometimes for it NOT to be "you"! I have heard the roads in MI have been bad and icy...be careful!
-sandy toe
You're like a magnet for stationary objects - they just pull you right to them. ;)
Where's the picture of the banged up car?
Be glad that you are hitting stationary objects. I am the object everybody else keeps hitting while I'm moving. My husband keeps asking me "Why does this keep happening to you" as well. I wish I knew. I had a Mustang that was hit 8 times in 6 years (only one of which was my fault)! Scary thing for me is that I keep wondering how many more times I can get hit without getting hurt. Again, be glad the objects are stationary.
Also, I remember when you got in that accident in high school. In a Nova, right? Anyway, if the car is wrong, I do remember visiting you in the hospital with Heather Donner. Then you got a white Escort? (Sorry, I remember just about everything. Conversations especially. :)
Were you listening in on my conversation with my husband?! We have had the same conversation ... several times. Only I and Tin Man are the "safe drivers" and you and my husband are well ... not so much! :o) All in love! I am just joking. On a serious note though, because I have had no accidents or tickets, it scares me to think that the score may be settled soon enough. I just hope it isn't too bad. :o) We can not afford to buy another vehicle this month ... yes, because of my husband's latest situation, the insurance company totaled his car and we were cut a check. Which of course did not cover the purchase of the next car. :o)
I hope that you have a wonderful weekend.
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne
Ps. Are you anywhere near Jenison, MI? That is where my daughter lives.
I'm sorry to say, but this post cracked me up! Chris and I are a lot like you and your hubby. HE'S been the one to have wrecks and my driving record is spotless...white as snow! But, I dread the day when I should have a little fender bender...he will NEVER EVER let me live it down...TRUST ME!!!
Hope your "cracked-up" Trailblazer gets repaired soon!!! :)
I sideswiped a telephone pole with my Dad's truck when I was in college. Never told him.....I came home and buffed the color off. He didn't notice it for weeks and then he thought someone hit me! Too bad little brother told on me several years later.
Okay, that is seriously funny! I mean, no one was hurt so we are allowed to laugh... right?
Also, I left you a little bloggy love on my site. Enjoy!
Those darn inanimate objects!
I nailed an orange traffic barrel once with my passenger side mirror my son still tells me "objects are closer than they appear."
OH NO!!! I have to admit that is a funny, funny story!!
Congratulations! Did you swear at him? That would have been fun.
Once when I was cleaning out my first car with the Heavy Duty Wet Vac it suctioned the carpet it pulled the unit into my car and I got the biggest dent. I didn't tell anyone except my brother and he said dad finally saw it and FREAKED out. He thought I had done it. My brother came through for me...he said if the wet vac was able to do that to my little Escort imagine what would happen in a real accident. Dad never said anything about it to me.
I must confess, the only time I wrecked, was backing into my Dad's truck when I was leaving for school one morning. I really messed up the side of my VW bug and he would not help me get it fixed. I was on my own. I guess it one of my 'life's lessons'
Oh gosh, I laughed so hard when you got to the part where you said he was driving YOUR vehicle.
I'm sure your hubby learned his lesson to NOT brag about his driving record!!! LOL
Classic! When (not 'if', obviously!!) it happens again, just puppy dog him with those eyes and remind him that neither his beloved nor the angel children were hurt, and just keep fluttering those eyelashes... It is, after all, just metal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Okay, you TOTALLY crack me up. Here's my story:
I met a realtor for a tour of a house for sale. After the tour, I went to back out of the driveway and I ripped off my passenger side-mirror on the home's mail box!
There was a looong gouge along my door and a hanging mirror. The mailbox was all marked up, dented and was leaning to the side and the cement was cracked at the base. Of course the mailbox was shared with the neighbor.
Fortunately, we ended up buying the house. But I was so embarrassed when I met the neighbor. I said, "Hi, I'm the one who hit your mailbox". They were really nice about it. But still tease me! ;)
funny post~! I have had a couple of those car mishaps. Also, I loved hearing about your trip! And how great that the grandparents joined you for a few days - awesome memories.
Aw man. In your car? Shoot! Glad he's o.k. and now he can't give you any 'told you so' speaches hun!!!
Stay safe and warm...Les
You're too funny :) I'm glad he's ok, but sorry it was *your* car!
As you know it's my birthday weekend so I am spending time in bed this morning catching up on my blog reading. You were first and I can't beleive you made me cry on my birthday weekend. That movie of the twins was priceless. My oldest daughter watched it with me and thought the same thing. Great job!. That whole bang up car thing. Finally it wasn't you right?! Ha Ha Ha We won't let him forget it either!!! I loved your pics of disney. I can't wait to see more. Let's get together for some more DDR competition! Love ya!
Hi, its Edwina again, just saw the comment you posted on my blog and you wanted to know about the cabinets. They were orginal oak cabinets, they sanded them down, primed them and painted them Barn Yard Red and then went back over with a light stain to give them an aged look. They really turned out great.
oops, me one more time :)
I wasn't sure if you wanted to play, but if you do I give you the
letter H
I loved what you wrote to me today! Thanks a bunch! It is so special having friends on the other side of the world, who I may never meet in this lifetime, but who are truly blessing me as we share things and encourage one another. You are a gem! You are right about our boys. Often when you've written about your eldest, I've thought of the similarities with Eli - how cool would it be if they could meet! We should get them blogging!!! Or at least letter-writing... Food for thought... Hope you're having the best day, and staying safe in your vehicle, Lady! N x
oH MY GOSH!!! You are hilarious...
Buy used!!! Always!!! LOL!
I once backed out of my garage, smack into my mothers brand new car...I was 5 months prego with my 1st baby.. she forgave me... but boy oh boy...
So freaking funny : ). I hope you can get something exciting now! Something like a Porche : ).
I randomly found your blog while browsing this morning & enjoying my cup of coffee... love the title. I'm a HUGE oz fan..
Just wanted to share that I have backed into my hubby's car in our own driveway. You would think that when I asked him NOT To park behind me he would listen.
Also.. we have the same truck.
Love the blog!
Post a Comment