Friday, June 5, 2009

Because Sometimes Being a Brother IS Better Than Being a Superhero...

What kind of sick mom grabs her camera as her son is crying?! (Ugh...Me?) Yes. It was me...and I am glad I did.
When I hesitate rushing in to "save the day", it gives others the chance to be the Superhero around here...
~Because Sometimes Being A Brother Is Better Than Being A SuperHero~
Dancing Boy was sitting at the kitchen table making the coolest Lego ship ever created in the history of Lego making.
But then-He dropped it, and pieces went flying.
(CUE THE TEARS~)
Nature Boy (who is a three year Master Lego Ship Builder) rushed to his brother's aid. Patiently, he gathered the pieces while his little brother cried.
(CUE THE SUPERHERO~)
Nature Boy explained as he worked with each piece, "You know, when I was your age, I use to cry too when my Legos broke. But as Daddy helped me fix it, he reminded me that when Legos come apart, that just means you have the chance to make it better. See?"
(CUE THE SAPPY MUSIC~)
(CUE THE APPLAUSE!)

post signature

(Thank God that Superheros come in PINT size...Have a great weekend!)

23 comments:

Mrs. S. said...

Awwwww, that is so cute!

Lindsay-ann said...

Thanks for sharing this sweet story. Nature Boy sounds like the perfect big brother. Coming to help his brother like that shows just what a kind and thoughtful boy he is. A true super hero. You must be so proud.
Lindsay
x

Shell in your Pocket said...

Very sweet!
sandy toe

Julie said...

that is awesome. Isn't it fun having boys!

Kristin said...

What sweet boys!

Kelli said...

That makes me teary...seriously, I have tears. That is so cute and you should be so proud. Great camera moment.

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh that was awesome! way to go big bro!!! your boys are so sweet :)

Leah said...

That is so sweet. What incredibly caring boys you are raising.

2 Little Irish Boys said...

That is so cute! Wow, you have got some fantastic boys there-you are doing a great job.
Check out my two latest post-Cillian eating Cake and the details of the party. I know you would appreciate all of it!
Have a great weekend!

April said...

That's a real heartwarmer! Enjoy your weekend, too, my friend!

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

So sweet! I just love watching brothers!

Mrs. Nurse Boy

Julie said...

Thank goodness for BIG brothers. How sweet..;)

Annikke said...

THAT is so adorable. What a good big brother!

Jen said...

What a sweet story and a great memory!! So sweet! I love to see siblings show their love!! Thanks for sharing!

Janelle said...

My eyes are watery. I wish my oldest treated his liitle brother so sweetly like this. My boys love playing with legos and my oldest is super good at it too. In fact, I'm looking into some kind of career that he could carry this over to that could support his family some day ;-)

Controlling My Chaos said...

How sweet. It's so nice to have a big brother around.

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

...and those little guys are even cute when they are crying. How sweet.

Stay Cozy, carrie

Tiffany said...

That's so cute and sweet! I love when we capture those little "grown-up" conversations the kids have with each other. They speak straight from the heart!

LOVE the beach theme you've got going on, too!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

What a sweet older brother your son is! It's so great that you caught that moment.

XOXO
Jen

Unknown said...

How nice is that? It almost makes me want a baby boy.... OK, not really.

They sure are cute : ).

Unknown said...

Oh, and your new summer layout is ADORABLE!

Mommy Mac said...

Sweet brothers. Great modeling, Dad.

.mac :)

Toia said...

Awwwwwwwww!! How sweet is that. I felt my eyes watering up as I was reading it. Moments like those are memories that will last a lifetime. Thanks for sharing!!

Blessings to you and your family!!