Monday, June 29, 2009

Kissing Frogs: Just Another Summer Story...


Now class, who can tell me about the life cycle of a frog?
Anyone?

(Tadpole: Size-super tiny...)

Come on, don't all answer at once!!!

(Tadpole: Size-Getting bigger with legs...)


Fine.



(This is a TOAD, not a FROG, by the way! My boys can tell you the reasons why...)

Dancing Boy, I was trying to show them your frogs...I mean toads...OH MY GRACIOUS!!! GET THAT OFF YOUR LIPS!!!

(Yes, my son is kissing a frog...I mean TOAD.)

Sorry, I thought we would have more time together to discuss the life cycle of a frog (or toad), but I am sure you understand I have more pressing matters.

I have a mouth to wash out...

(The boys have caught more toads and frogs than you can imagine. Yesterday- they caught a bucket of frogs at the beach. The frogs were only the size of your pinky fingernail...they were actually cute!)


***Tomorrow, I will be showing you our glow in the dark shirts we made for this year's July 4th Fireworks-It will be a semi-tutorial..."Semi" because you are all big girls, and the pictures say it all-or most of it...***


Anyways...


If you thought that this post was gross-, take a look at this:



This is what their feet look like by ten in the morning. Ten A.M.

Can you "read feet" and tell if they are having fun yet??!!

(Boys who have dirty, dirty feet equals fun summer times.)

You should see their hands. But that would really make you gag, and that is not my goal today...



(...who is usually known as-)

post signature


(...whose last pedicure is a distant memory...You should see my feet! But you won't.)

15 comments:

April said...

My girls have kissed many a toads, too, and have no warts to show for it...THANK GOODNESS! Those tootsies are a bit grimy, but boys have to do what boys have to do! :) Sounds like you all are having the best time EVER!

Kelli said...

Those feet are screaming "fun." I'm glad you all are enjoying!

Anonymous said...

cute post! that one of him kissing the frog is hysterical and a bit gross :) looks like you guys are having a fantastic time! i guess these are somethings i get to look foward to since we're having a boy!

Kristin said...

Glad you guys are having so much fun. Dirty feet are a sure sign of good times. The kissing toads...that is another story. YUCK!

Shell in your Pocket said...

OH..how fun! They seem to have a great time!
sandy toe

mysteryhistorymom said...

You are having SUCH FUN! Enjoy for me, too, Sweetie- although you can skip the frog kissing! lol Lori

Girly Stuff said...

Sounds like such a good time! The feet are fine as long as they are outside. I would probably physically pick them up and carry them to the bathtub each night so they never touched the floors!

2 Little Irish Boys said...

I love boys and their dirty feet! That kissing frog pic is super cute. Glad ya'll are having fun!

Southern Fried Gal said...

Yes - I'm TOO familiar with the Toad lifecycle - remember this post - http://southernfrieddreams.blogspot.com/2009/05/our-toadal-story.html.

Talk about GROSS!

Looks like y'all are having a blast! Can I send BBC there for summer camp?

Janelle said...

Wish I was there with you having a sip of lemonade while our boys played with toads!

Ms. Tee said...

Oh, dirty, sandy feet + kissing frogs = an awesome summer for little boys! :)

Annikke said...

It is all about how much fun those boys have, so if kissing frogs and having dirty toes equals fun then more power to them (I won't kiss frogs or have dirty feet, but oh well!)

2485 said...

Isaac will be there tomorrow, now I expect you to make sure your boys don't teach him any bad tricks :)

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

I can tell the boys are having the time of their lives...it is all in the feet, isn't it? Ya know, the dirtier they are, the more fun they are having?

Mrs. Nurse Boy

Lindsay-ann said...

Glad to hear you are all having lots of grubby fun and kissing lots of frogs!
Lindsay
x