

I am Ruby Red Slippers~(but you can call me Ruby Red Flip-Flops for the summer!)
I am a girl who is packing for my summer at the beach cottage...
I have some great (well-I think they're great!) summer recipes to share and pictures of the cottage, and some shots of us at the beach, and in the woods...Join me this summer for the "Summer Edition" of Lions, Tigers and Boys!
Here is a few more things about me today for your enjoyment: (...or blackmail one day!)
I am not as thin as I want to be.
I know how to teach someone to read.
I think I want to get back into running-eventually. Maybe. I'll think about it after a summer of eating ice cream, and walking the docks...
I don't think I realized how much I would turn out like my mom~and I am glad I am turning out like her!
I want to experience God every day.
I have an obsession with reading something daily. My husband said: " Reading. Blogging. Decorating." (So true...)
I like my life. ~and Romantic Comedies!
I dislike people who ACT like they like you, then talk about you behind your back.
I hate lima beans, peas, and liver!
I dream of being a foster mom one day.
I fear what is happening in the world today-but not for myself, but for those that do not know God. And snakes, even gardener snakes.
I am annoyed when it takes my boys forever (!) to get ready to walk out the door.
I crave Chick-Fil-A which is useless because there are NONE in Michigan. DRAT!
I usually sleep in one day a week and my husband deals with the dog, the kids, the cat.
I search for truth in the Bible.
I hide my bath products from my husband and kids.
I wonder what my boys will be when they grow up. ...And if Carrie and Mr. Big's marriage really will last...
I know a lot of useless trivia so I just might beat you at Trivial Pursuit. I also know that God loves me, even when I don't deserve it.
I just can't help cheering really loud when my boys play sports. (So loud, I go hoarse...)
I regret not writing down my grandmother's recipes from Armenia.
I love taking care of my family. This does NOT include the dog. Or the cat.
I can be perfectly content alone or with a bunch of people-but both in small doses.
I can't live without my husband, my kids, or hope in God.
I try to not be so anal about my home organization...but, please pick that up, and put it away...right now!!!
I enjoy a glass of wine every now and again. Preferably by a fire in the evening at the cottage with Tinny.
I don't care that I am getting older...because I have a great guy sitting next to me each morning and falling asleep with me each night.
I always read.
I never want to act like an old, grouchy person. (~emphasis on grouchy...)
I'd rather be sitting on the beach, reading a juicy novel, getting an amazing tan without worrying about SPF.
I rely on God,my husband, my parents.
I believe in miracles.
I dance horribly. There is no other way to say it!
I sing all the time.
I argue with my husband about picking up after himself.
I write in a journal for all three of my boys. I also write a blog. Have you read it?
I win at Uno.
I lose my car keys daily.
I wish I had more self-control when brownies are around.
I listen to music everyday.
I don't understand algebra I or II.
I'm scared of crazed dogs, blood and gore, and horror movies...and don't forget snakes!
I forget everything! Including my own kids names...some days!
I am happy after a cup of coffee.
Love to you all~I will be planning on posting when I can.
Now the question is ...Who are you??





23 comments:
That was fun to read! I often wonder about Carrie & Big and can't wait for part 2.
Have a great summer!!!!!!
Well, It was fun to read all about YOU! You have always loved reading~
Have fun packing for your cottage.
sandy toe
My kids take forever to get ready and it drives me crazy. It's even worse at night when they're preparing for bedtime. They could drag out the routine for hours if I would let them.
I am alotta things!
-a mama
-a dreamer
-a designer
-a dancer
-a God finder in His details
-a wine drinker
-an optimist
-a ball of energy
-a lover of blonde streaks, fingernail polish, running, music, and accesorizing.
-a wife who likes to kiss on the mouth ALOT!
-your friend!
Happy Cottage!!
.mac :)
Loved reading your list. Quite a bit of your list could apply to me. Some noticeable differences - I love lima beans and I have a degree is in math - hee hee. Oh and I wish getting old didn't bother me but clearly it does...
Thanks for sharing all about you. We have a lot in common. Love that!
Loved this! Soak up some of that wonderful beach time for me! Gotta love the beaches in MI!
I AM still jealous you have white carpet with three boys (even after the minor vomit insident).
What a fun post to read! It just might inspire a post from me!
I am so with you on the snakes and miracles... and, well, many of the other things. We are actually a lot a like.
Mrs. Nurse Boy
Oh... to have a place to escape for the summer!!
Have a wonderful time!
i am loving your list and knowing you better!! i hope your vacation is everything you need and that there are some great surprises lying ahead!! happy summer!
I love this list! I chuckled at several of them-we have a lot in common.
I would love to start running again.
I have no willpower whatsoever, brownies, cookies, etc.
I am so annoyed that Cash is so slow getting out of the house.
I believe in miracles-Praise God!!
I love a good glass of wine.
I love to read!
I am with you on the beach and SPF!!
And Surprise--I am not as thin as I would like to be!
We may pop up for a quick visit Saturday! Hope to see you then!
Super cute! Fun stuff to know about you. I enjoy your blog. Wish I was more faithful to mine!!
Hey Ruby! :)
I'm sorry I've been missing in action and haven't been able to catch up - I loved reading these things about you. You're so much fun - your boys have such a fun-loving mama! I hope you have a wonderful time at your cottage with your sweet family!
P.S. I hate lima beans and liver, too :)
What a fun post. Hope you living large in the sunshine while I freeze my ass off here in Cape Town!
Will borrow this post and post my version this week.
xx
I enjoyed reading about who you are. Great answers. I feel I know you a bit better now.
I am with you on the algegra! My husband and I each spent an hour helping Jessica with algebra last night. It was sooooooo hard. There was one question that was impossible and we gave up in the end!
Have a lovely time at your cottage.
Take care and enjoy.
Lindsay
x
Fun read! You will have to visit my blog to know who I am...or the parts of myself I wish to show...I still need to sometimes hide behind a painted smile...all for self preservation of course. I also love the Lord.
Loved this post and learning a little bit more about you!
Who am I? Well I will have to post about that and refer my post back to yours from this neat post of yours....Hope your having a wonderful vacation!
That was fun :) Hope you are having fun!
I liked all about you. My fave is the not minding getting old. It is all about doing it together!
Have fun at the cottage. You are going to miss us!!!!
I never want to act like an old, grouchy person. (~emphasis on grouchy...)
Can you say Marge?
I enjoyed reading all about you. I will have to answer those questions sometime. Have a wonderful time at the cottage. I would love to be sitting on the beach with a good read. Jackie
Post a Comment