Thursday, June 17, 2010

At the Cottage...And Loving It~


So we’re here~

{At the summer cottage for the Summer~}

And I am loving it.

I am Not Loving that I forgot to bring my make-up.

Yep, I said my make-up…

I can live without most of it, but I really like to wear mascara, so this is not so good~

Our First Week up at the summer cottage had me organizing, and unpacking…I hope to take some pictures of the cottage of things I updated and changed. Even Tin Man noticed and loved what I did. {Oh, the suspense!} I was really happy that I remembered to bring my I-pod docking station. ...And so ticked when I realized I forgot my I-pod! Geesh!
I brought seven new books {half are new-new, half are used, but new to me-} to read.

I have already finished one. I don’t have an Internet connection working well here, and I am pretty sure the six books will be finished before July…Or maybe by next week…
The boys have been very content to play with their summer toys here: Plastic Indians, and Army Men, and Civil War guys in the sand. The badminton net is up, and games are underway. I haven’t heard a peep out of them yet…
This year, we have friends from school that have a summer cottage just down the road-They have three boys {and one girl-} and all of our boys are the same age! We have already had the first sleep-over, and beach time together.
Last year, the boys begged me to buy them Hermit Crabs at the dime store. {They saved and bought them with their own money.} The crabs have long since died-and the new thing this summer at the store is African Water Frogs…They are really expensive, and I don’t think the boys can save up enough to get them this year…{That is my excuse, and I am sticking to it-}
You would be proud of me if you could see how I have been keeping up-to-date on all the laundry. {I am sure you were just DYING to know-} …But then again, most days the boys are in their swim suits, and I just have to rinse them off, and let the suits dry on the deck. {This is my kind of laundry!}
Our first guests have arrived-My Parents- and we have already been to town to have an ice cream cone, and walk the docks to look at boats. This reminds me, I need to get my bike out and start riding…because Ice Cream Season is upon us…

Did I mention I have spotty Internet??? This is really going to bug me! I love keeping up with all of you- this is going to be tough to do this summer… {I think I am going into withdrawals already-}

As I typed this, my Nature Boy just asked me to take a look in the hood of his sweatshirt resting against his back~HOLY COW! That was the HUGEST TOAD he has found yet! We are DEFINATELY at the cottage...
A new Mexican Restaurant opened up, and we are heading there Friday night with friends. This is a huge deal {to me and Tin Man who are lovers of Mexican cuisine}-the only place we eat out here is the local pizza place, one deli, one American-style restaurant in the next town, and one Italian place an hour away. Wish us luck! {And a big thanks to Nana and Papa who will be taking the boys to see the new Toy Story movie while we dine-it is always great to have my parents around!!!}

I hope your week was just as great as summer is getting underway. Tell me all about it in your comment! And if you would like a post card or a note from me, e-mail me your address {Left the address book at home, too-} and I would love to send you a note...since I haven’t been able to get an Internet connection, I have plenty of time, plenty!
Love,

Ruby Red Flip-Flops…who you usually know as:
post signature

11 comments:

Angie Acapella said...

This was such a happy post! I can tell you're just thrilled to be on vacation! Yes, please send me a postcard! And I'd like to send you one too! (love old fashioned sentiments like that...don't you?)angiehowardmusic@gmail.com

Dawn said...

i am just stunned that you forgot your make-up! stunned! (i will never forget your whole mascara post!) anyway, life sounds lovely uo at the cottage (minus the toads, of course!) enjoy it all! especially the mexican food- yum!!

here is a ridiculous thought, but i must share, since i know you will laugh! i opened your blog see the picture of you & th tin man and think- I KNOW THEM! oh, the silliness that happens in my head :)

ps- i am thrilled to be reunited with my gift :) love you!

pps- did you parents have a wonderful time on the cruise? and your dad's collar bone? healed?

Mr. B said...

No internet? Maybe you should have a converstation with iSprat's dad, if you're really nice maybe something can be done...

Shannon said...

Enjoy a wonderful summer at the cottage!!! Can't wait to hear all the fun stories. :)

Lindsay-ann said...

I would love a postcard/note. It would cheer me up as we have 5 more weeks to go before our summer break! I am stuck in a stuffy office when I long to be with you at your cottage :(
I enjoyed hearing about your 'cottage life' toads and all.
Lindsay
x

Annikke said...

What a great start! Can't wait to hear more about your summer!

Our first week of summer was good, spent one evening in the ER with a boy who cracked his head open (he's ok... couple staples later!) and a night at a neighbors pool, and another night at a different neighbors party! Not a bad start (not as fun as yours, but not bad for us working folk!)

Beth Zimmerman said...

How wonderful does that sound! I wish we had a summer cottage to go to! :)

Hello Jessica Lynn said...

Sounds like you have a lot of things planned. We really like Mexican food too and we are going to a Mexican restaurant on Saturday evening with friends before we go to see a movie...then its off to the beach next week for us.

Hope you have a FUN summer...stop by and say hello whenever you can at my blog! :)

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

Listen, I am all about the makeup! I feel your pain. One time I went on vacation and forgot all of my makeup!!! I still have nightmares about it. But, I NEVER leave it behind now!

So glad you are enjoying you summer!!! I can't wait to see pictures.

Mrs. NB

Shell in your Pocket said...

Oh yeah- a new restaurant....finally I can stop eating at Rainbow garden:)--what is the name and where? I will tell my mom.

I went on your book blog and wrote down some of your books...I am reading one from the author you like called Barefoot(same author as summer affair). It is in Nantucket...I love it there so we will see:). I read all the time by our pool while the kids read. I also put the book you said you like about two Muslim women or something:). Keep us updated on what you read and like:)

Sandy toe
p.s. I am coming up north the week of July 26th:)
p.s.s. I am also coming the weekend of October 2nd for my 20 th highschool reunion....we are old!

Annette said...

Hey, I know you are having a blast at the cottage, Im jealous because I really wish I had a cottage and the time to spend there with my kids. Id love a postcard and Ill send one back=!I have learned to enjoy post cards from all over and to share them wth my youngest and talk about where it came from etc... sort of a geography lesson and maybe some history too!