Chicago was amazing!
(I had to get through the last couple of days of school before I could post about it, though-)
(I had to get through the last couple of days of school before I could post about it, though-)
Although getting to Chicago was a few hours longer than anticipated-we joked that we were riding on the "Little Engine That Could"-Our train needed a new engine to get us around the lake-yes, seriously- we were stranded in the middle of nowhere for an extra hour or two until a new engine arrived and carried us the rest of the way....
While we waited, we ate from our picnic basket of goodies:
But once we arrived, train troubles were far, far removed from our thoughts...
{The roof-top pool was beautiful at sunset}
{From the pool, we could see the Sears Tower-}
Then we were off to find good Italian food:
{...and that is NOT hard to find in Chicago!}
We then met up with some more friends at
Howl At The Moon:
Howl At The Moon is a Piano Bar:
It was fun to sing along to some great songs!
We started Saturday with our dear friend singing to her I-pod, and continuing to write out her
Bucket List.
I think by the end of the weekend, she was almost to 150!
This is not my usual breakfast, but California rolls hit the spot before we did some power shopping on the Miracle Mile.
I mean the A-Mazing Mile.
Oops.
I mean the Magnificent Mile...
{Whatever you want to call it-it was wonderful!}
My friend in front of her favorite store:
{Okay. Time for you to tune out for a few pictures. These pictures were taken for my boys:}
{Because I am NOT-I repeat, NOT a Star Wars or LEGO fan-but live with many who are!}
{May the force be with me as I shop...}
Along the way, I had to send some cell phone pictures home to my boys-I knew they would be jealous to see me playing at the Lego store:
{That was just mean, I know-}
{But they knew if I went there, I would possibly bring them a little something from there, which I did-}
I even sent Tin Man with a picture of me and hot sauce from Seventh On Heaven:
{Don't worry, I brought the hot sauce home for my chef! I know it wouldn't be nice just to tease him, either!}
Seventh on Heaven was a very funky Creole restaurant where we stopped for afternoon crab cakes:
We stopped at a really funky boutique {"Kooky"} that had the cutest sayings:
I liked this one for my boys:
Favorite saying ever {!!!}:
Oh, how I LOVE Chicago!
...and after a day of shopping-I loved sitting by the roof-top pool with my dear friend:
Saturday night had us getting ready for our dinner and a movie.
Like Cinderella said, The right shoes can change your life"....
The theater we went to had a restaurant and bar-
We ordered dinner (Look at those cute little burgers!),
and laughed, cried, and cheered along with the Girls from Sex and the City:
{We all LOVED the movie, by the way-}
Cosmos overlooking the city at night after the movie topped off our night:
Before we knew it, it was time to head on home:
Our snacks, and magazines were ready for the Little Engine That Could train ride home...

(...Who enjoyed a great weekend away with girlfriends, but it is always good to come home, as well-)







15 comments:
Looks like a really great weekend! You ladies all look GORGEOUS!
Sex and the City with girlfriends is a must (I did the same) but you ladies kicked it up a notch. I agree, I loved the movie as well. Boo to the bad reviews, eh?
What a fun trip! Oh how I love Chicago as well. I'm glad you had a great time with your friends.
oh wow! what a great trip! shoes, girlfriends & so much fun! one of these days i will get to chicago :)
your lego pics are so much fun- we always have to stop at the lego store at downtown disney and admire the sculptures! they serve for inspriation in our livingroom!
now... on to SUMMER!
Looks like you had a great weekend! I have never been to Chicago but it looks like a wonderful place to have some fun.
OK- You are the cutest thing- EVER! I am so in love with your ruffly black top and hot pink and orange top (worn as a bathing suit cover up). And the shoes!!! Oh my goodness! I want to come next time but I don't know what I would wear- tee hee... You girls had such a fun time and I am so happy for you. I LOVED the movie, too!:) Lori
WOW! Looks like you guys had a great time. I think I need a vacation. Never been to Chi town.
Hey if you get a second look at my new header and see if it gets any of your creative juices flowing. I love the last one that you did. I guess I am just header challenged.
Looks like an absolutely wonderful time!
Thanks for sharing the pictures from your amazing weekend. Looks like you had so much fun with your friends. Chicago looks the perfect place for a girly getaway. I enjoyed all your pictures even the lego ones. You crammed so much into your time there. I love the rooftop pool. All your outfits are amazing but the black/pink/white with pink bag and flower is my favorite. So glad you enjoyed the film and your special time away.
Lindsay
x
Hmph. Hmph. Double hmph!
Oh, it looks like you had a BLAST!!!!
I sooooooo could have been a perfect snack accessory on this trip!
Love the pink flower accessory, by the way!
Fun, fun, fun!
.mac :)
Looks like a wonderful weekend of fun and great friends-
Love Chicago-
sandy toe
It looks like such a fabulous fun time! : ) I love it! I love your shoes so much. I love your shirt with the ruffles and the flower pin. I love your pedicure and your tan. I better stop saying all the things I love or you will think I am a psycho.
I just have to say you look GORGEOUS...beautiful in every photo! I love your clothes, your jewelry, your TAN... Looks like you had a great trip!
Looks like you all had an amazing time!!! So glad you got to sneak away and come back refreshed!! you ladies looked beautiful!!
Mrs. NB
I'm so glad that you had a wonderful time! I still haven't seen the movie yet, hopefully sometime this week. Take care!
Michelle
Post a Comment