How fantastic is it to have best friends living right next door?
I can tell you, it has been the best.
We all sat down when they moved in and discussed how we could keep open communication between our families so we could overcome obstacles.
Not that we had any yet, but that is life, isn't it?
We all decided to be quick to apologize, and quick to discuss any issues that would come up over the years.
Then, we got on with the business of living.
We had dinner together many evenings.
Some nights it went like this,
"I have chicken thawing. What do you have?"
"You can make a salad?"
"Great."
"I have some ranch dressing for it-and I have butter, do you have some biscuits?"
"Perfect."
Dinner at our house five-thirty.
The kids were at my house, or hers.
They played like brothers and sisters.
Football in the yard in full uniform.
Tutus and ballet slippers~
Legos.
Pokemon cards and Hockey card trading.
Football in the yard in full uniform.
Tutus and ballet slippers~
Legos.
Pokemon cards and Hockey card trading.
Sure, there were disagreements-
but when you parent so similar,
We helped the kids move past any issues.
They wanted to go see a late movie?
No problem, How about I just sit over there while her kids sleep?
Tin Man won't mind staying home while our boys sleep.
Nap time?
I'll put my littlest one down and thank you for watching him while I run my errands.
Headed for school?
Carpooling worked fantastic.
How about a movie and popcorn for all the kids while we play CLUE at the kitchen table?
Can Lucy come over to play with Tank? She needs to run off some energy with her doggie friend~
How about a movie and popcorn for all the kids while we play CLUE at the kitchen table?
Can Lucy come over to play with Tank? She needs to run off some energy with her doggie friend~
The guys wanted to play video games after the kids were in bed.
Fine-I'll grab a girly movie and head next door to her.
They got a hot tub...
and we tiptoed through the snow to go in it with them last winter.
The walk home was a cold one...but worth the time of laughing and talking with our friends as we relaxed in the Spa.
~and on and on it went for a few years...




6 comments:
These posts have brought tears to my eyes. It's SO hard to find your kindred spirits, much less another family that fits yours like a glove...
You are making me want to hug you more and more. How amazing of a situation and friendship.
we have this same friendship... maybe not right next door, but around the corner and down the street. always combining dinner times to make a feast. and just reading this... makes me think i never want to move. or have them move. ever. adding another hug to the pile... because you can never have enough :)
A friendship like that will never fail no matter how many miles apart you are. ((Hugs))
I have thought so much about your two families since QMIY mentioned moving. I am sorry to see that the day in fact came and you all had to say goodbye. You have such a special relationship and it will continue, as you all keep up. :o)
Big hugs to both of your families.
Sincerely ~ Trish
l.o.v.e that you had this!
Post a Comment