Real?
You want me to be real?
Well.
I SO can...
I have fallen off the wagon this past week.
BIG Time.
I was doing so good-
I thought I was a changed woman!
But alas,
same-old, same-old.
This is the BANE of my very existence.
The bills are paid on time by me-
The kids get to school on time
{if we're being real, I mean USUALLY they are-}.
The beds are made daily,
and the house is generally picked up-
However,
there is one thing
that I
Just. Can't. Master...
I take a weekend and a day or so off, and look what happens??!!
Do you think I am going to take care of it tonight?
{Nope-}
Tomorrow?
{NO WAY!}
Friday?
{Are you kidding me?!}
Because I confess:
I have fallen off the laundry wagon.
Again.
It is all washed, and "folded",
{Okay: "Semi-folded"-}
but it is that
"putting away" phase that is just not happening!
(Exhibit A-Tonight in Real Time)
When they need clean underwear, I guess they all will just have to look for it.
I don't even want the boys doing it-if it is overwhelming for me, how much more for a 9, 7, and 4 year old?!?
{I would feel like Cinderella's evil step-mother!}
So it piles...until I can't take it anymore-
{...or until my mom comes home from Alaska...}
(Exhibit B-Again tonight, in Real Time)
And so, I have fallen off the Laundry Wagon-
AGAIN...
...I'm not getting on again, yet, either.
Instead, I am going to start reading this tonight:
(Reading is better than laundry, any day!)

(...Who is open for laundry suggestions, or even free help!)




13 comments:
You just HAD to go and say the "L" word, didn't you?! All of out trips to the pool are killing me! The laundry was endles before...
Good luck! And, when your mom gets back, don't forget to send her my way after she gets your "L" stuff together. ;0)
Mrs. NB
I have a chair like that.:) It's cleared off ONLY when I know company is coming. Sad, but so real. Love the cover of the book. I would be reading that instead, too.:) Lori
I totally agree, reading a good book, heck even a bad book, trumps laundry every single time! Let me know how you like the book~! Sue
I am sad to say that even though there are only 3 of us I am rarely up to date with the laundry! My spare room always has piles of clothes that are waiting to be put away. It depresses me so I keep the door closed and pretend it's not there.
Enjoy your book.
Lindsay
x
You've fallen off the laundry wagon? Well, I never even hopped on! :):) See? It could be worse! Now, go find yourself a nice spot on the sofe to curl up and read that book of yours. Laundry can wait till another day! :)
Oh Rubes...
You crack me up!
.mac :)
I share your aversion to putting the laundry away. I actually enjoy sorting and don't mind washing, drying, or folding. So I delegate the party I detest. Obviously, you are a much nicer mom/wife than I!
I fall off that wagon every other day... ugh laundry! I would rather read any day!
Laundry is the chore that NEVER ends! Hate it!
Yay...the wagon has left me behind too! haha! I can NEVER get it put away! Why?! I finally got the summer clothes out, as I posted earlier...but Alex is always searching for socks and underwear :) Good for you for being real...enjoy that book and have a great weekend! the laundry is unfortunately always going to be there :)
oh no! maybe the laundry fairy (or the tin man!) will take care of those piles while you are showing off your new shoes in chicago!
If it wasn't right next to my bedroom, I would never do it : (
I may be the only person on earth who enjoys doing laundry. I don't know if it's the sense of completion when everything is clean, folded and almost put away. Here at our house, I do the laundry EXCEPT everyone is responsible for putting their own clothes away. My girls are old enough and know how to do it. And my 4 yr old son even puts his laundry away. I will generally put away my hubby's clean clothes (unless he says or does something stupid, then I dump all his clothes on his side of the bed for him to put away)...
Post a Comment