Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Come On In: "Itty-Bitty" Changes In My Office

Come On In!
Last week, I showed some little changes in the Boy's room.
This week, I wanted to show you what I have done differently in my office.

I LOVE to take a little bit of time,
a little bit of a creative idea,
and make a "Itty-Bitty" change that makes
a big difference to me.
(Maybe not to anyone else, but to me-I fall asleep smiling knowing I completed something that day.)
I feel like I have accomplished so much!

It could be just me,
-Actually I KNOW it is just me-
but I fall asleep making a mental list of what I need to get done.
Little ideas or little things that I just want to finish.
I don't like things 'undone'.

The boys room (which I showed last week-),
my office,
and even in my bedroom (which I will show you next week-),
there were a few little things that needed to be finished, or just changed up a bit.
And over Christmas break-
I felt like I accomplished so much by getting some little (but irksome to me-) things done!

So my office:

I love this room.
In a house full of boys,
this room is all mine.
I have a pink chair,
white furniture,
stripes on a wall-
a pink phone,
all (well, most-) of my books,

And every time I walk in,
I just love it.
I sit and read, or pay the bills here,
(that's not so fun-)
or tutor in the evenings-
(the desk top is a chalkboard which I use with my students, or sometimes my sons as they practice writing spelling words-)
 I just really like this room.

But,
the picture frames were blank!

When I got ready for my interview,
and (subsequent teaching job-) last July,
I pulled out all my diplomas,
and awards from the frames-
and never put them back.
I left them in my teaching portfolio.
And the frames were blank forever...

Every time I walked in to my office,
I thought to myself,
"Oh shoot. I need to get something in those frames!"
But when I walked out again,
I promptly forgot again each time.


Over Christmas break,
I finally made a list of a few little
"Itty-Bitty"
changes I wanted to make around the house.
Pictures in here being on the list.

I went on-line and
googled
"Vintage school room"
and printed out the pictures I liked on my printer.

Five minutes,
and I checked off one thing on my list:
Pictures in my office.
Ahhhh. Done.

post signature
(...who liked her office, and now loves the vintage schoolroom pictures that are finally in the empty frames!)
***Next Week? My "Itty-Bitty" bedroom changes-come take a look!***

10 comments:

Kelli said...

Very nice! I love tweaking rooms just a bit...it does make a big difference. I would get lost in that room for sure :)

Henley on the Horn said...

How WONDERFUL to have your own room!!! I would just love an office and so desperately need one because I take over so many rooms with my piles of things to do, bills to pay, friends to write, etc. I stay behind. I think I would be better with a neat room like this! Your stripes are so great!

Work in progress said...

I've never seen this room in "real life"(and swear next time I am at your house I am going to pester you to see it "for real")...but I LOVE THIS ROOM!! Every time I have seen it on your blog, I walk away thinking about how pretty it is. Love the pics! I am a big fan of weathered, vintage art.

trish said...

What a happy place to go! :o)
I LOVE those vintage school room and school house pictures. :o) They look super in your room.
Have a great rest of your week!
Sincerely, Trish

April said...

I think I've said it before, but Martha Stewart has NOTHING on you! Wow...I love the colors and the stripes! Did you paint them yourself? Definitely a girlie kind of room! Can you put a sign on the door that reads, "Boys KEEP OUT!"? :)

Mrs Montoya said...

You should love that room. It's perfect. The new prints are darling. I need to get on my "itty bitty" list. We need a refresh around here in the most desperate way. I bet I'd feel great if I would take it in itty bitty pieces. Thank you for sharing!

Lindsay-ann said...

Your office is GORGEOUS. I love it, all of it, the color scheme, the furniture, the pink chair. The new pictures you added look just perfect. They may be itty bitty changes but they just finish the room beautifully.
Lindsay
x

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

Sometimes it's the little things that make all the difference! The vintage school room pictures look great.

Mommy Mac said...

Rubes....

My sewing studio is soooo my girly room! I decorsted it in my favorite color....CORAL!

I accompanied coral with the same green you have in your office!

I love this itty bitty changes posting.

It is motivational! This month I am completing my monthly mission of order.

Working on that all across the house and in my work and school time too.

Thanks for keeping me inspired to accomplish what's on my plate!

.mac :)

p.s. I also just noticed that you had me on your favorite blogs list....you really are a sweetie. Makes me want to really get back into full time blogging and checking on some of my favorites on a regular basis! (Favorites = yours, of course!)

Kristin said...

Nice carpet. LOL Really I love the chalkboard desk top. My boys would love to practice on something like that, and it is inexpensive. What a great idea to fill the frames. I never think of things like that. You are so creative.