One of my sons is very much like me.
A bit introspective at times,
thinking too deeply at times which can lead to feeling bad about choices made,
having a hard time forgiving one's self.
After a discussion with my son about a poor choice,
{And with him-less said is more-he takes what I say to heart. I 'get' him because I think so much like him-)
he just couldn't forgive himself, and move on.
The night was getting late, and it was time for bed.
I hugged him, and said, "Honey, no matter what you do in this life-I LOVE YOU, and God loves you. Please remember, you can't be perfect, and I don't expect you to be-."
This morning,
as we drove to school, listening to my Christmas gift from Tin Man [XM radio-],
this song came on, and I said to my son as I turned up the volume,
"This is for you today-please take in these words. This is what I meant last night."
Silence from him,
but still hearing the chatter of my other two boys:
"Why Mama is this song for him? Can it be my song, too?"
"Why did you say that Mom, what do you mean this song is for him?"
[My silent son stayed silent.]
"Why Mama?"
"Can't you tell us Mom-?"
[Silence still.]
The other two stopped and listened too:
"But don't you know who you are,
What's been done for you?
Yeah don't you know who you are?
You are more than the choices that you've made,
You are more than the sum of your past mistakes,
You are more than the problems you create,
You've been remade."
~Tenth Avenue North
"You Are More"
And my silent son softly said for my ears only:
"Thanks Mama."

(...who is more because I've been remade, too.)



10 comments:
You are such a great mom! I admire you. Thanks for the post.
So sweet. And of course I'm sobbing now...
This song has really touched me lately also. As well as Beautiful by Mercy Me.
Ok, I just cried. That was so tender and sweet. You are an awesome mama!
I just heard that song for the first time today. What a sweet post!
Do I hate that I missed out on seeing you on MY southern soil?
YESSSSSS!!!!
Have I missed reading this blog?
YESSSS!
Am I back?
YESSSS!!!!
Love the sweetness that you and your little alike guy share.
I have one of those too.
.mac :)
Wiping tears from my eyes. I know just who you are talking about. Love it.
This is a wonderful song, thanks for sharing. My son is going through a rough spell!
I LOVE that song! Also love Tenth Avenue North....
Once when I knew our oldest was going through some struggles I said to him, "You cannot do anything to make God love you less than He does right now. You cannot do anything that would make God love you more than He does right now." It was a moment of breakthrough for him--well, for both of us!
crying! Love that song and love this post. you are such a great mom. God is so good that he sent you this song right when you needed to hear it.
Post a Comment