Sunday, January 2, 2011

Dinner's Ready: "Easy Baked" to Perfection...(For Some~)

My boys decided to do a little cooking with their Easy Bake Oven for our annual New Year's Eve party.
We came up with a plan: The boys would help me make food for the "kids buffet" with their Easy Bake Oven!
So cute.
We have a New Year's Eve party every year, and now that the boys are older, they have their own little "party" going on in our lower level. They watch Disney movies, play video games, foozeball, and basketball. They come up every now and again for food, drinks, and to watch the ball drop with us at midnight.
 But for the most part, we don't see them because they are excited to be doing their own "party" downstairs.

When I started snapping pictures of them and their oven, my oldest said,
 "This is really girly, isn't it?-I don't want anyone to laugh."
But I reminded him who is the main cook in our house. [His Dad-Tin Man-]
And how many chefs are actually guys.
So, after our brief discussion, he finally agreed that I could post the pictures:

 {First batch of "cookies" ready for the "oven":}
{They even had to wash up their own dishes and dry them:}
 {The finished "products" ready for the kid's buffet:}
The funny thing is, the boys were really good at setting the timer, mixing the ingredients, and getting the things in and out of their oven.
Me?
 I set the timer wrong, and burnt the first batch of three miniature cookies!
Some things do not change around here: Cooking is still NOT my speciality.
post signature
(...who is not a cook. Not even when it comes to an Easy Bake Oven apparently.)

8 comments:

Quiche Me, I'm Yours! said...

Yummy..... I wish I could have been there to test taste it. Good job boys for cleaning up after yourselves. Love to you all!!!!!!

April said...

I used to have an Easy Bake Oven...oh, the "creations" I made! I'm sure your sons will have a ball getting creative, too! Hope you enjoyed your Christmas!

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

I always wanted an Easy Bake Oven!! I'm so jealous. Dave is the little cook at our house. He'll quit doing anything to come and help me cook. I think it's wonderful that the boys are learning to cook!

Shell in your Pocket said...

Very cute...my girls have always wanted an Easy Bake....so very much!

sandy toe

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

I cannot wait for Sweet Pea to get one of her own!!!! Good for the boys that they got to help out with the cooking... they will make dreamy husbands one day!

Now, I am off to get caught up on your blog...

Mrs. NB

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

I cannot wait for Sweet Pea to get one of her own!!!! Good for the boys that they got to help out with the cooking... they will make dreamy husbands one day!

Now, I am off to get caught up on your blog...

Mrs. NB

Unknown said...

Those are the cutest little cookies ever. I love your family!

Lindsay-ann said...

The oven looks such fun. I don't think it's girly at all. Sorry you burnt the first batch of cookies. I am always burning things too!
Lindsay
x