After the New Year's Eve Party,
(which was awesome as usual-and included a 'Settlers of Catan' Game, a Wii Dance Dance Revolution dance-off, great friends, good food, and champagne~)
One family stays the night every year:
My sister, her husband, the twins (A.K.A: The Twin Tornadoes...Refer to previous posts-), and new baby "Butterfly".
I love waking up on New Year's Day knowing my sister is here, and we have even more time together.
My parents also come over a little later in the morning, and cooking for New Year's Day begins while the kids play, and the Bowl games are on.
I just love being with my family!
(-Insert super big smiley face here-)
Tin Man starts a second day of cooking.
But the menu for New Year's Day never changes.
We have a tradition of having Tin Man's Famous -To Us-Corned Beef and Cabbage, and roasted vegetables.
Before we sat down as a family to bring in the New Year though,
we had a video to watch.
My brother, who lives in Florida, sent us a new video of him flying his "Gyro-Copter" that he literally hand-made. It was great to see him, and have him a part of our Celebration of New Year's even when he isn't physically with us. The twins, and my boys were screaming, "Uncle Brooke! Uncle Brooke!"
By the time the video of Uncle Brooke was done,
the smells were overpowering,
making my stomach growl.
Our late lunch was ready.
Time to ring in the New Year together,
eleven of us crammed around my kitchen table.
Love this every New Year's Day~

(...who loves the eleven people crammed around her table every New Year's so much.)



6 comments:
That definitely sounds like a fun tradition! I love being with my family, too...more than anything in the world! I'm already dreading sending Brittany off to college, again, next week. It went by much too fast!
Your New Year's Eve sounds perfect. Glad you enjoyed celebrating with your lovely family. I enjoyed seeing your pictures.
Hope you are having a relaxing weekend.
Lindsay
x
What a great way to spend New Years, reading about Tin-Man's cooking is making me hungry, LOL!! Have a great weekend!
What a great way to celebrate. I just love traditions, family and good food. I want to make corned beef...you'll have to have Tin Man send me the recipe. Love your table setting too! BSF starts this week...you ready?
Looks like a great time! Happy new year to you!
Oh.... I can smell it right through my computer. We missed you guys so much that night. It just wasn't the same without you. Hugs and kisses to you all. Happy New Year!!!!!!
Post a Comment