
We are not Irish-but we wish we were. Especially my boys-they love Notre Dame football. (Really, they love any football-) You know what? I take that back~my roots are deep with a dash of just about anything, and there COULD be a pinch of Irish in there...Good. Now I feel like I can celebrate!
Happy St. Patrick's Day!
So, in honor of My national holiday~Hey! I got roots, baby!~I am sharing with you an amazing recipe that Tin Man makes for corned beef. It is sooo easy and sooo good-I kid you not-our boys devour it. It must be the brown sugar in here that must have addictive qualities, or something...
Corned Beef-Tin Man Style
What you need:
A Kosher Corned Beef with Spice Packet included
Spicy Brown Mustard
Brown sugar (This is what the kids love...)
Boil Corned Beef a minimum of one hour with the spice packet included in the lean corn beef package. (*You can add a head of cabbage-quartered- and also some onions and carrots to the pot after you remove the Beef and boil that while the Corned Beef is in the oven.)
Remove and put in casserole dish.
Add a mixture of spicy brown mustard (2 Tablespoons) and Brown Sugar (1/4 cup) and slather it all over the Corned Beef.
Bake in the oven (375 for 20 min or until top of Corned beef looks "gooey").





10 comments:
Looks delish!
Happy St Patty's day! I'm a mix of Scottish, Irish and French Canadian. Hubby's Irish and Russian so we have some serious celebrating! Plus it's also our anniversary on the 17th. Imagine marrying an Irish guy on St Patrick's day (and then naming your son Patrick). I scare myself sometimes with how connected that all is.
Oh how yum! You know I have never made this type of meal for St. Patty's day but maybe I will!
Sandy toe
How does this warm up?? Is the meat gooey??
Oh that looks yummy! I love corned beef and this looks better than any I have ever seen.
I may try it tonight.
Does being born on St Patrick's Day make me slightly irish? Did you cook that corned beef meal just for me because it's my birthday?!!!
Happy St Patrick's Day.
Lindsay
Yum! I usually make this every St. Paddy's day. But I'm gonna try Tin Man's recipe tomorrow. :) THank you for sharing it!
Yummmm!!!!! We will be right over!
Mrs. Nurse Boy
Have never had it...
I'm not sure about this either...
What is corned beef anyways?
That looks SO amazing!!! I have never made it, but I love to eat it! I really should kick it in gear and learn how to make it myself. Thanks for the inspiration!
XOXO
Jen
I LOVE your blog. I found you through one of my blogging friends. I have two boys and a little girl so I can totally relate to the boymania craze. I just atarted my owm blog yesterday so I'm very new at this. Your blog presentation is so amazing. Love everyuthing about it. Many blessings in Him, Janelle
Post a Comment