Friday, March 20, 2009

I Am A Lucky Girl...(But Would Someone Tell Me Why??)

I am one lucky girl today~ I am surprised and so happy...and a little confused. I received all these things in ONE day. Here is why I am lucky, but confused:




Lindsay-Ann sent me a book to read from England-I didn't win a give-away, or anything! She just knows how much I love to read and thought I would like this book that was written by someone in her area. (Lindsay-it is sooo good! I can hardly put it down-that is SO my style of reading material!!! Thank you!!!)
I did win (!!!) a Victoria's Secret Give-Away from Kristin, at The Way It Is...I jumped for joy (literally) because I have never won anything besides a guinea pig in second grade.

(The class pet of second grade was being given away at the end of the year...I was one of two people entered with parental permission, so the odds were fantastic. Heidi lived until I was in fifth grade...)

Anyways-you didn't come here to read about Heidi and me~ One of my dearest friends in the world, Kylie in Australia, sent me this book-His Princess- and an Australia tee-shirt. (LOVE the book, and the shirt!!! You are too good to me Kylie!!) This book reminds me that God loves me so much-and I need that reminder some days...


Now HERE is where the confusion sets in...

This is why I am scratching my head in confusion. Issues of Martha Stewart LIVING are being delivered to my house with my name on it. I love it, but I didn't order it. I thought it was some kind of mistake until the second issue arrived today-I DID NOT ORDER THIS! I love it-but really, I didn't order this!!!


I have checked our credit card statements-did I accidentally check a box to receive a magazine? Nope. My sister? No. My husband? No! My mom, my neighbor, a tutoring parent??? NO!! This is just crazy-IS someone messing with my head?
Or did I sign away my children (and I don't remember that I did!) to get this in the mail???


If YOU are the gracious sender of this-will you let me know? I would love to send out "Thank You" if I can figure out who you are...

oh-and by the way-

Did you mean this as a joke? Because if you read this blog, you know I do not cook, or stitch, or garden or have the time to be as detailed as Martha! I can (and will) use my glue gun and vinyl letters ...But I don't think MARTHA would approve of that...

post signature(Still Lucky...and Still Confused...)

17 comments:

April said...

OK, I'm thinking you might want to run out today and buy a lotto ticket because you just might win it BIG TIME with all that luck you're having! Man, oh, man!

Love those books and a Victoria's Secret giftcard...how exciting! That is so funny and mysterious about the Marth Stewart magazine subscription! Don't worry or fret over it...you hit the mother load! :)

Shell in your Pocket said...

Oh~ I remember "Heidi"~

Have fun with all your new goodies.
sandy toe

Anonymous said...

I say run with it. Maybe someone wants to see you channel the inner hidden Martha?

Cool gifts!

Karen from Sew Many Ways... said...

Hi,
Not sure if this helps, but I read on the "320 Sycamore" blog that she just received her free issues of Martha Stewart. She posted a link back in January if any one wanted to subscribe for the free subscription.
http://granvillehouse.blogspot.com/2009/03/youve-got-mail.html
That is the post where she received her free issues. Maybe someone out there in blog land sent in your name for the free year of magazines. I'm thinking maybe someone from your Sunday posts of God Answers Prayer. You really do a wonderful thing for people and she just wants to secretly say thanks.
Enjoy the magazine and all your new gifts,
~Karen~

Mrs. S. said...

Sounds like a wonderfully lucky day! Enjoy the weekend!

Jen said...

I actually had a very similar thing happen about a year ago, I just started receiving TV Guide, just like you with my name on it! The first time I thought it was a fluke but then it started coming every month! I too was a bit confused!! Turned out it was part of our cable package! Sad thing is I never read it and felt so guilty every time I put in the recycle can! I really would of enjoyed the Martha Stewart Living!!

Annikke said...

WOW! You are so lucky! How wonderful!

Sandra said...

Well, if all this is happening to anyone... I am so glad it is YOU!!!

I can't think of anyone more deserving...

Praise Be!

Lindsay-ann said...

Glad you are enjoying the book. Looks like you are having some very good luck with the giveaways. I would be confused too about the magazine but I would be absolutely delighted too. Those magazines are wonderful - another blogging friend sent me one a couple of months ago. I hope you find out the answer to the mystery!
Have a great weekend.
Lindsay

Janelle said...

I'd like to take the credit for it, but it wasn't me. LOL. Have fun with it all!

HeatherPride said...

HA! I wish I got mystery Martha. Instead, I get mystery Parents. I subscribed to Parents when I was pregnant with my first born and haven't renewed my subscription since. About every six months I get a postcard claiming it's my last issue and I think "it's about time!" but it's just a game. They keep on coming.

~ Denise ~ said...

You are lucky..and those are some awesome goodies! ;)

Rosie said...

In the past I've also received magazines that I never ordered but I thought it was my Mom...Now I'm wondering...could there be a Magazine fairy out there somewhere!

Anonymous said...

Hi! Were you a subscriber to Home Companion magazine (Mary Engelbreit's magazine that is no longer being published)? Martha's is the magazine that is being used to finish out the balance of the subscriptions. I have been receiving it but there is no comparison to Home Companion. Hope that helps.

Girly Stuff said...

Hi,

I just wanted you to know it was I that sent the subscription, or as I like to call it a prescription. I heard that you cannot cook and make your husband do it every night.

Love,
Martha Stewart

Girly Stuff said...

ha!

Our Complete Family said...

I had fun catching up on your blog tonight (or should I say this morning as I look at the clock...yikes!).
Have fun reading your new books and mags and shopping at Hobby Lobby! So glad one opened near you...that store rocks!
Happy weekend ahead to you and yours~ Les