Friday, March 6, 2009

Dinner's Ready! (Well, At Least the Appetizer Is...)

Welcome!
I am being featured on Sandy Toes' blog today as one of her favorite bloggers! This is quite an honor since I have known Sandy Toes since we were in first grade, and have reconnected our friendship because of blogging~ If you haven't visited her yet, the link is below-and I know you will not be disappointed!

http://shellinyourpocket.blogspot.com/


Usually, I post recipes on Monday. (I must clarify that one if you haven't met me before: Most of the recipes are not mine. Around here-I am not known for my cooking abilities...Glue gun? Well, that's a different story!) But since you were coming for a visit, I thought I would whip up a little snack for you. My cottage neighbor gave me this recipe, so you are assured of eating something...ummm...etible. (...And to be honest~Tin Man made it for us! I gave him the recipe and told him I was having some girlfriends over, so he is the one that actually whipped it up...)

Red Pepper Jelly

(From the Kitchen of Jen who tried to get me addicted to this stuff-and it worked!)

4 large red bell peppers -- coarsely chopped
1/2 cup vinegar
1 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon salt

Mix and simmer 45 minutes uncovered. Let cool. Pour over cream cheese. Use crackers to spread the jelly on. May be stored in jars in refrigerator or freezer.


It is good, isn't it? I told you it was addictive!

Would you also like a glass of sweet tea to go with that snack? One of my other good friends made some for us today~she is a Southern girl trapped up here in the North and is also my real-life neighbor...


http://sugarandspice-threetimesasnice.blogspot.com/

My Little Sister will probably be stopping by for a chat as well, but she didn't have time to make anything for you-she has twins that are keeping her BUSY. But she did bring her sense of humor~that is necessary when you have two babies at once...

She even recently had a raccoon (!!) trapped in her bedroom...

http://howdoesurgardengrow.blogspot.com/



Me? I may be using my glue gun at the moment, or putting up some vinyl words, or most likely chasing the puppy who is chewing one of my boy's toys (!)...It is just real life around here. But why don't you join us? Pull up a chair, and have a snack! You can count yourself among girlfriends...Glad you could stop by today!

post signature

(Feel free to wander around-I certainly don't mind! Really~ Make yourself at home!

Well, except if you have kids-don't let them go in the Front Room! I work hard at keeping at least one room clean and stain-free...)

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll have to pop over and visit Sandy Toes. The name is great.

Dawn said...

it's fun to learn how people are connected in this blogging world!

i love pepper jelly!! one of our favorites. my hubby hasn't made it in ages... we'll have to try your recipe :)

hope your friday is full of joy!

April said...

Congrats on being Sandy Toes favorite blogger...you are so deserving! Everytime I pop over, you brighten my day with your sense of humor about life, raising kids...everything! So glad I met you in Blogland!

I had no idea that you and Sandy Toes have known each other so long! That's amazing! Yet another good thing about blogging! Enjoy your "moment in the sun"!♥

Janene said...

I just traveled over from Sandy Toes' blog.
I have read several of your posts and now I am hooked!
I am now adding you to my faves so that I can keep up with your future posts!
I am now off to read some of your older entries.
Have a great weekend!

Shell in your Pocket said...

I love "southern girl trapped up north"...how cute. I have a southern husband who is trapped also and reminds me that almost everyday.

That pepper appetizer reminds me of the Harry and David jelly that you pour on cream cheese...now I can make it..how fun!

sandy toe

Dot O said...

I found my way to you via Sandy Toes! Gosh, your blog is so chuck full of things to read. I will have to check back when I'm done work and settle in with a cup of tea and read. Just looking at your photos makes me long to knock my kids ages back about ten years. I loved it when they were little - now they are teens.....

I'm so glad Sandy pointed us in your direction!

Leah said...

Are you trying to me addicted to even more blogs? If so it is working. LOL

That jelly looks good I may have to try it.

Darlene said...

I came by to visit and your blog is delightful!!! What a fun read! We have a poodle that turned one in January and her name is Lucy....if she gets out she gives us a run for our money too!!! I am also a Twilight fanatic and can't wait till New Moon comes out!!! Nice to meet you!

julie & joe said...

Did you still want a UL catalog? email me at juliechristi@yahoo.com

~ Denise ~ said...

What a cute blog! I was just strolling through the blogosphere and found you. I giggled at "put my ruby red slippers next to the many cleats" because I know the feeling. Our 3 boys are now almost grown (24,18,17) but loved the chaos and craziness that their testosterone brings. ;)

Unknown said...

Hey there...I read your comment about my puppy Carson and popped back in your blog to answer. I was so glad you invited me in for a delicious snack. I've never seen a recipe for Pepper Jelly (just seen it for sale in gourmet shops)...woohoo...now I can make my own and it looks really easy!

Carson is mostly schnauzer with a little bit of something else but we don't know what. His Mother is a solid black schnauzer and his "dad" is a solid white schnauzer. They jumped over the fence and mated but we think his Momma had another "friend" on the side. The litter had 4 salt and pepper (usual color for schnauzers), 2 black and 2 white. Carson has REALLY long legs but most of him looks like schnauzer. His hair is very soft which is also unsual. I've got to tell you your tales about Lucy are TOO cute. She's a handful but Precious as all getout! (a southern term....LOL!) Have a great weekend! I'll be back.

Jen said...

I am definitely checking out those blogs! How fun to be a guest blogger!! FUN!! I just love this thing we call BLOGGING!!

Thanks for your sweet words on my blog! They lifted my spirits when I feel a little under the weather!

Thanks Friend!

Jen

Our Complete Family said...

I'll hop on over to check out those blogs today!
When your blog popped up on my updated 'to read' list today I was all confused about why Sandy Toe's pic was on the reader thingy! Now I get it!!! You got me!!!
Hope you have a fun Friday and an awesome weekend, too!
Les

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

I just might have to try that jelly! Oh, it must be nice to have a husband that cooks. I guess I should be thankful that mine is a nurse and has a very nurturing side. :0)

I am sure everyone will find your blog to be very welcoming and fun! I know I do!

Mrs. Nurse Boy

Ms. Tee said...

I love pepper jelly - I'll have to file that one because I've never made it myself - yum!
And I can't believe your sister had a raccoon in her bedroom - oh my! Hope you have a great weekend :)

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Congratulations on getting featured! I really enjoy reading your blog!

Thanks for the red pepper jelly recipe - I will be trying it soon!

Have a super weekend!

Jen

Mommy Mac said...

Pepper jelly is my sister-in-law's favorite! Guest blogger: You go, girl!


.mac :)

Aubrey said...

Cute blog! I just found you through Sandy too. I have 3 boys too, twins that are 3 and a 18 month old. Boys are so fun! :)

cherry said...

I will have to try that recipe out somtime. cherry

Em said...

I love both you and Sandy Toes, you guys are my top fav reads! Thanks for your well wishes, the babe and I are doing great ;)

Savvy-Motherhood said...

Hey! i am your newest follower and I dig on your blog! I see you went to Disney. We are goo goo for the Mouse here. I'll be back for more!!

Anonymous said...

I hope this works - Lisa

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being featured! Oh and I love red pepper jelly! It is the best. Thanks so much for the recipe. I have always bought it and never made it!

Becca

Please visit me at http://www.askbecca.com

Anonymous said...

Ruby Red Slippers I found your awesome blog from a comment that you had left for someone. I love your blog. You have three boys... I have three girls!

Becca

Please visit me at http://www.askbecca.com

Anonymous said...

OK Lori, I can't believe I am doing this. Of course you know I don't like pepper jelly. Is the sweet tea Audine's, I hope so. I will continue reading and comment again. I hope I don't get too into this. Talk to you soon. Lisa

Lindsay-ann said...

Congratulations on being featured as Sandy Toes favorite blogger. I will go over there and say "hello" sometime. Thanks for the recipe, red pepper jelly sounds lovely.
Have a great weekend.
Lindsay

Anonymous said...

That is so cool! She is one of the first people I met in the blogosphere. I am gonna check out her feature of you. :D

Girly Stuff said...

I love the pepper jelly stuff! More so the sweet tea!

We now make the Tamale Pie stuff all the time! Thanks!