Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Bad Birthday Girl



No, she did not get one of these:She is LUCKY she did get some of these:


You would not think someone with such a sweet, innocent face would be such a bad girl on her birthday weekend, but she was...

Lucy turned one this weekend, and ran away from us twice. TWICE. I ran through more than twenty backyards, two different condo associations, and a small wooded area trying to capture HER with the help of five (FIVE!) of my neighbors! (Thank God for lanky teenage boys that can run...because I sure wasn't Thanking Him for Lucy this weekend!)
This one dog has been more trouble than all three of my boys-
You think I am kidding, but I am not!

(More on this subject another day when I am not seeing red like an angry cartoon character...)

post signature


(Lucy-you need to sit here and think about this poor behavior
on your birthday, Little Missy! )


OH!!! And if you love give-aways, go click on the image at the top of my blog-Ramblings of a Crazy Mama is having an awesome give-away because she has posted 200 posts!

18 comments:

Mommy Mac said...

Woof, woof! Lucy---she looks adorable. Surely you stretch the truth. Surely. :)

.mac :)

Shell in your Pocket said...

Oh..she looks like she is in time out...poor puppy....or should I say poor "mamma"???? I guess running through the neighbors yard in good exercise, right?
sandy toe

Kristin said...

That sweet little face can't possibly have done anything wrong. You must be making that up. WAIT A MINUTE!!! you have 3 boys AND a dog AND WHITE CARPET????

Donnetta said...

Thank you for reminding me why we don't have a don't and won't GET a dog!!!

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

Naw...that cute face couldn't have given you any trouble. I just don't believe it!

I am not letting my kids see those cute photos of the innocent pup! They want a puppy so bad. I want a break from cleaning up everyone's poo around here. Finally, no one is in diapers...I just can't celebrate that with a puppy. Nope, can't do it.

But, Lucy is simply adorable. :0)

Mrs. Nurse Boy

Kelli said...

Thanks for stopping by! Your boys are adorable.
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE BSF. This is my second year and I look forward to it every Monday. It is so in depth. Next year my daughter will be able to go to the Children's program and I can't wait.
Ooh, question. I see you're a teacher. I'm thinking of changing careers completely and go into teaching. I have a BA but I have no idea where to start. Do you have any tips?

larkswing said...

What was that nursery rhyme about the girl with a curl? When she was good, she was good, but when she was bad she was really bad!!

Did the teenager that blocked your mailbox come and help in the chase?!?

hehe

Smiles!!

Leah said...

Happy Birthday Lucy!

I can not believe such an innocent looking pup caused you such trouble. Maybe she was running to find that yummy looking cupcake cake?

Lindsay-ann said...

I hope Lucy is behaving herself now she has had her time on the 'naughty dog pillow'!!!!
Hope the Bad Birthday Girl has a good birthday.
Lindsay

April said...

No way, no how did that innocent little dog run off from you! I'm not buying it, no siree! She's too sweet-looking to do something like that! Just look at her! Don't go telling stories about her that aren't true...that just isn't right, you know! For shame, for shame!

Oh, you know I'm only giving you a hard time. Our dog, Bella, is notorious for running off in our backyard, which isn't fenced. I know my neighbors all think I've gone bonkers when I start running around like a crazy woman yelling, "Bella, come back here...NOW!" lol!

Our Complete Family said...

Alright, so not funny, I know, but I'm still laughing at your post! It did crack me up!
She was in big trouble I bet!
She is so cute though...you can't be mad for too long at that sweet squishy face!!!

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

I think it is lucky that she has such a sweet little face.

Quiche Me, I'm Yours! said...

That dog is going to drive you crazy before it's all said and done. On a positive note, she doesn't shed nor does she smell. She's just free spirited! I wonder does Dr. Dobson have a book on raising strong willed pets?

Girly Stuff said...

What a great way to get in your cardio.

Those tassels were at High Fashion Fabrics in Houston. They are not on the website...I looked for you.

See...another reason to move to Texas!

Anonymous said...

You remind me so much of my Sister! She has three gorgeous boys like you, but what's more, she has this 'blonde' fluffball, as well, who takes off like he's Turbo-charged, and has her running through the streets at all ours of the day and night. She gets so cranky at him - his name's Eric(!!!) - yet she still takes him to get his hair done, and buys him treats. Somehow, they become such a part of the family, that depite bad behaviour, you'd do anything for them... Hope Lucy's learnt her lesson...

Mother Hood said...

Thank you for remembering Julie and her family. I appreciate the comment you left.

I mailed your package today. We went on vacation and couldn't find a post office! Can you believe it traveled all four days with us!!!

Aracely said...

Since Lucy isn't going to have the cupcake can you ship it to me!

Ms. Tee said...

Oh funny! So glad you caught her. She looks like she knows she's in trouble! :)