Tuesday, March 17, 2009

St. Patrick's Day "Decorating"...



Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

If you are coming to my blog hungry for a St. Patrick's Day meal-read yesterday's post (which is below this one, so scroll down...) and either make that yourself, or come on over tonight because that is what we are having for dinner!




If you came here because you want to see how I am "decorating" for St. Patrick's Day, you are at the right post... although "decorating" is a term I am using loosely today~

First-I had my nails done:


("Decoration" #1)

I know it has FIVE leaves!!!

I tried to explain to my Vietnamese nail technician that I wanted a shamrock on one finger, but no one there understood what I was saying, so I said-"Just make a green flower...". Fine. Whatever. Good enough...Add a rhinestone to make it a little more girly...and you better just add another "green flower" on the other hand...

Perfect!

Although Tin Man said, "Why a green flower?" I told him that is not (!) a flower! That is a FIVE leaf clover!!!


Second-we all have our St. Patrick's Day shirts on...and some of us are wearing shamrock socks. (If you guessed that Tin Man refused-you would be correct...) Since we all had St. Pat's shirts-I insisted on a family picture:

("Decoration" #2)

That is as good as it gets around here-The baby is looking at the dog who is whining to be near us, Dancing Boy is ready to pass out (because he's had a cold for a month), and Tin Man, Nature Boy and I are just trying to smile fake for the 10 second delay...we only took one picture because the natives were restless-The weather is slowly turning into spring, and the boys would rather:
a. climb a tree
b. play basketball
c. ride bikes
d. eat hot dogs
e. play on the neighbor's play scape
...anything BUT take a picture. (And after being cooped up for several months-I don't blame them one bit! I feel the same way!)

Third~ So, really the only thing about St. Patrick's Day decorating is this:

(The REAL St. Patrick's Day Decoration...It is my only one!)

That is my gift from MotherHood (http://homesticaffairs.blogspot.com/) for the St. Patrick's Day Swap...and I love it! She even made me this:
Those are so cool, aren't they? I am one lucky girl on this fabulous St. Pat's Day~
Do I have a great friend, or what??? (You were so creative! Thank You-MotherHood!)

post signature


Happy St. Patrick's Day! From the Lions, Tigers and Boys Family

20 comments:

Shell in your Pocket said...

So cute in their matching shirts~

Happy St. Patricks Day to you!

I love those pictures...they are great!

sandy toe

Anonymous said...

I love the picture. And I have to say cute nails and gorgeous wedding rings!

Leah said...

The boys are so cute in their matching shirts. Happy Saint Pats day back to you.

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

This post made me smile. Adorable family, adorable gifts!

Mrs. Nurse Boy

Kristin said...

Love the green flower! I too have difficulty getting my point across to my nail tech. That is classic. Gret pics. You all look wonderful. Love that art piece.

larkswing said...

Happy Saint Patty's Day! I like your decorations! :)
I bought sparkly green fingernail polish for the day and never managed to sit down and put it on. But I do have on a green shirt!

Smiles!

~ Denise ~ said...

ahh...cute green post! ;)

Girly Stuff said...

Happy St. Pat's Day!

And about your 5 leaf clover...why you don't like????

Anonymous said...

Happy St. Patricks Day!

I really like your nails!!

I think this is my first time to your blog and I'll be sure to click the link to follow your blog. Feel free to stop by and say hello at my blog and even click on the link to follow my blog as well!

HeatherPride said...

The family photo is still impressive! We haven't had one taken since we brought Claire home from the hospital - it's probably time, huh?

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

What a cute picture of you all! Beautiful family. I love your nails - you are very festive!

Thanks again for the St. Pats recipe!

XOXO
Jen

Annikke said...

I love the FIVE leaf clover -- hee hee!

I am attempting the corned beef recipe you posted yesterday-- I'll let you know how it turns out - I am so scared! I've never cooked corned beef before! eek

April said...

OK, your wedding rings are stunning! Tin Man did A-OK with those babies! :)

Love your nails...so cute! Great pic of you and your fellas! Happy St. Patrick's Day to you, too!

Jen said...

Happy St. Patty's day! Looks like you and your family are set and ready for a fun green day!! I love the green flower, I mean shamrock! That is too funny!! Your nails still look fabulous!!

Laura said...

I love the "flower," but I love the family photo op best! Happy St. Patty's Day!

Julie said...

Your nail flower/shamrock is adorable!!!
I love the St Patty's Day Photo!!!
Happy St Patty's day!!! Julie

Mommy Mac said...

Love the green, my friend! Speaking of "green", something is headed your way tomorrow from k.Mac!

Your nails look great! Today the only green my husband chose to wear is in his boxer shorts!!! Tim Man ain't the only one!!!

.mac :)

Lindsay-ann said...

Thanks for your lovely birthay wishes. I have had a great day today. Your nails looks wonderful and your new family picture is really special. Those pictures your friend made are beautiful. They are so unusual and look very stylish.
Happy St Patrick's Day. Do they really turn the river green in Chicago for St Patrick's Day? It said so on our TV news today.
Lindsay

Quiche Me, I'm Yours! said...

Yes I know I said I was getting in the hot tub but I just had to read a few blogs and what in the world. I was just at your house and I didn't see those cool deco's. What's up with that? Can't wait for tomorrow H. L. 9:30!!!!!

Mother Hood said...

So sorry the glass broke! I thought the bubble envelope was enough. Apparently not! I've had to take a break from blogging. I have another trip for an on-camera interview for the "job" I'm trying to get! So far so good. I'll know by the end of April! I'm still keeping it on the down-low! ;) Thanks for your prayers.