Sunday, March 15, 2009

God Answers Prayer Sunday


****How to Assemble Your Own Prayer Basket Week 1****

My journal is filling up each week with your requests-and I am honored...



Leave a comment if I can join you in prayer this week. You are NOT alone-I will be praying with you and for you this week!

I mentioned when I started God Answers Prayer Sunday that my mom was the inspiration.

I also had another inspiration for the Sunday Prayer posts. This past Christmas, a dear friend gave me a "Prayer Basket" filled with things for me as I am taking the time to talk to God. This gift is so dear to my heart! It was not a "typical" Christmas gift, but one from one who knows me well. I treasure my prayer Basket...and it coordinates with my office-and that is a (nice) bonus...

Over the next few weeks, I will show you how to build
your own Prayer Basket-

Start with a basket...

post signature

(This past week, my two older boys prayed with me on Friday for you-)

7 comments:

Jen said...

I just love these Sunday posts!! I can't not begin to tell you how wonderful it feels to know you and your boys are praying for me!! I am excited to learn more about the prayer basket!! Cute basket BTW!!

This week I have a praise and that is for SPRING BREAK! I am really needing rest and this week couldn't have come at a better time!!!

If you could also pray for my grandmother. Her name is Colleen. She is 83 and has been getting over shingles. It's been about 8 weeks since she first got them and she is still pretty miserable! I am sure it's her age that makes it more difficult for her to just bounce back! It makes me sad because up until a year ago she honestly had more energy than me!

Thanks Ruby!! (I like to think of your name as Ruby!)

Blessings

Jen

Anonymous said...

Hi, dear girl! I love the idea of the prayer basket... I have just the basket ready and waiting... And I have a 'praise' too - my back is just SO much better. I feel human again!!! I love the photo of you with your two-of-three beautiful boys. I will be back to this post to join you in prayer across the seas... Love ya!

Kristin said...

I know that I have been quiet in bloggy land since the death of my Nana but I couldn't miss this Sunday. You prayer request posts have become my favorites.
I would love it if you would join my in my prayer for strength this week. I am feeling drained and tired (understandably). When I get like this I often become an emotional mess and a crappy mommy/wife. I am praying for the strength to keep going and being positive this week. I am parying for kind words on my tongue and gentle emotions on my heart. Thanks again!

amy & lisa said...

You write our prayers in a journal??? Wow, you mean business here. :) Thank you SO much!!
Please pray for my daughter. She is still single at 26...but wants to have a husband. It's been a little tough for her to watch all of her college friends and now her little brother get married. When is it her turn??
My friend introduced me to a Prayer Basket. I'm excited to see yours! :)

HeatherPride said...

Your heart is so big!!! It always gives me warm fuzzies to come by on Sundays. Loves to you all!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

I love the idea of your prayer basket. I am excited to learn more about it and how to make one!

Thanks - what a great Sunday theme!

XOXO
jen

Ms. Tee said...

That's so sweet that your boys are praying with you. :) I'd love it if you'd keep my mom in your prayers. (health issues)Thank you! Have a great Monday!