This week we've had a few random (disturbing!) conversations with the boys this week. Tell me your wacky conversations with your kids these days...I am hoping you can top my stories (!)-
[SCENE: The two older boys are out with Tin Man, and it is Happy Boy's bedtime.]
R.R.S. {Ruby Red Slippers}: "Happy Boy, you need to go upstairs and get your jammies on while I finish up putting these dishes in the dishwasher."
Happy Boy: "But MOM! I want to go outside and play!"
R.R.S.: "Sorry, Charlie, it's bedtime right now. Thank you for listening to me."
Happy Boy: "Mommy, you are just like the Devil, you know-"
R.R.S.: "Come back here! What do you mean, 'I am like the Devil!'
Happy Boy: "You are not being nice, so you are mean like the Devil. He is the meanest one, you know."
R.R.S: "...Well, go get your jammies on anyway. I said it was time for bed."
R.R.S leaving a message on Tin Man's phone: "Your son just called me the Devil!"
***
[SCENE: At the kitchen table, helping Nature Boy do math homework. Tin Man is -unfortunately not home to help with this whopper, and the two little boys are playing soccer in the downstairs playroom.]
Nature Boy: "Hey, Mom?"
R.R.S.: "Don't forget the decimal on that one...What, honey?"
Nature Boy: "Did you know I saw two crocodiles mating once on TV and did you know that's how crocodiles have babies."
R.R.S.: "...Um. Uh Huh..."
(Internal conversation with myself: "Why is he talking about animal mating when we are doing math???
Please God, let this conversation end!")
Nature Boy: "So people mate too, right, and that's how they have babies. Right?"
R.R.S: "..................Ummm. Yes.........."
Nature Boy: "So that means you mated three times to have us. "
(Internal conversation with myself: "!!!!!!!!")
R.R.S: "...Well, um, uh, yes......And, did you add that decimal?"
***
[SCENE: Nature Boy is in bed, later the same evening. The other two boys are sleeping-]
Nature Boy (-coming into my bedroom where I am grading papers while watching TV): "Do you realize that the Duggars have mated 19 times to have all those kids! That is just gross!"
R.R.S.: "....True. Um. Sure-
Why don't we discuss this with Dad another day? It is pretty late and you need to get to sleep..."
***
[SCENE: At the pediatrician's office for the second round of strep throat for Happy Boy-]
Doctor: " Mom, you were right: He does have strep again. I will call in this prescription right away."
R.R.S: "I knew it when he woke up crying last night! I can't believe we are passing this around the house again!"
Doctor: " Well, little guy! I know your mom will help you feel better real soon by picking up your medicine!"
Happy Boy: "She helped me last night when I was crying, and my throat hurt really bad!"
Doctor (on computer filling out prescription order online): "Oh really?"
Happy Boy: "Uh-huh. She gave me a Popsicle and beer!"
Doctor stops typing and looks at me-
R.R.S.: "Honey, tell her what kind of beer, please, we don't just call it beer-"
Happy Boy: "Oh. I mean, Root beer!"
Doctor continues writing up prescription again.
***
[SCENE: Tin Man shaving in the bathroom while Happy Boy watches while sitting on the side of the sink:]
Happy Boy (quietly kicking his legs on the sink vanity watching): "Daddy, you sound like the Devil sometimes."
Tin Man: "What?!"
Happy Boy: "You sound like the Devil! I'm not kidding!"
Tin Man: "Why do you say that?"
Happy Boy: " When you make me empty the dishwasher and I don't want to-that's when I think you sound like the Devil."
Tin Man (calling down the stairs to me-): "Hey! Your son just told me I sound like the Devil sometimes!"
***
That's what has been talked about here...
What's being talked about there?

(...Who is more commonly referred to as, "The Devil" on occasion-)



8 comments:
I'm in stitches...those conversation are just wild. I'm not ready for those yet.
Oh, my goodness...this was too funny! And I thought raising girls was tough! :) Just you wait, my friend! As those sweet boys get closer to their teenage years, they'll come up with THE most embarrassing things to say that your ears have ever heard. Of course, Chris and I believe in payback. Often times, whenever we're out with our girls, he'll plant a big, wet kiss on me in front of EVERYONE...and they cringe! Oh, the fun we have for all they've put us through over the years! ;)
Oh those are too funny! I will say be grateful that Nature Boy feels he can say those things to you. My oldest was so embarrassed to talk about anything like.
Oh my goodness! I'm howling at the "mating" conversations! Heaven help me if I ever have to explain again to my 4-year old that Mommies tummy doesn't just "POP" when she has a baby...
And errr... ummm... you KNOW what we've been talking about around here lately! I couldn't help but blog it! hee hee!
I needed a good laugh. thanks. I have been avoiding the mating question with my oldest for a bit now. I am so not ready.
Okay...the mating one made me laugh out loud! Very funny!
Check out my blog...I am featuring a blogger (who is a friend)..she is starting a blog on feeding your kids who have allergies!
Sandy Toe
I am laughing so much at this. Thanks for sharing it and making us giggle.
Lindsay
x
I love it! Our "mating" talk went like this:
"A baby giraffe comes out of the momma giraffe's butt. Momma, do babies come out your butt?" I really wanted to answer with: "Well you are a pain in my butt sometimes!!" Instead I said, "Where did you get that idea?"
"From the video we watched at school." GREAT!
Why don't they ever ask Daddy these questions?
Post a Comment