Wednesday, March 16, 2011

My Most Popular Post (?): St. Patrick's Day Dinner

I am serious. This is my most popular post with the most traffic!
I am re-posting it for St. Patty's day.

(And no (!), I have no idea why this post is so popular. I find myself disturbed that this is my number one blog post for many reasons:)

1: This recipe was made with leftovers, and I hate leftovers! It was only a spur-of the-moment recipe, not any kind of cooking genius thing going on here.

2. I am not known for my cooking, so this being my 'most popular' post makes me scared for someone who holds this up to any kind of standard. Why can't it be my decorating that is admired instead?

3. Who wants to eat Shepherd's Pie this much?! I seriously only eat this once a year myself, but apparently the 'masses' who flock to my blog love this recipe...


St. Patrick's Day Shepherd's Pie
There are many recipes for Cottage Pie or Shepherd's Pie. Since I have small boys who don't like cooked peas or carrots in their dinner, I finally found a recipe they loved without the cooked veggies...
{But who am I kidding? I also am not one to like the peas or carrots in Shepherd's Pie either!}
This recipe pleased the entire family...

Shepherd's Pie
{Without the carrots and peas~}


1 lb. ground beef (or ground turkey)
1/2 of one sweet onion, chopped
2 cups mashed potatoes
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese


Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Brown beef and onion in skillet, salt and pepper to taste. Layer into bottom of casserole dish, cover with mashed potatoes and top with grated cheese. Place in oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is thoroughly melted.
Serve with a green salad.
post signature
(...Who loves a bit of good Shepherd's Pie (ONCE A YEAR ONLY-) on a blustery St. Patrick's Day!)

3 comments:

Kelli said...

I've never had Shepherd's pie but it must be popular.

April said...

Shepherd's Pie is always a big hit in our family...your recipe sounds much easier than the one I make! Definitely worth a try!

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

I can see why your Shepherd's Pie is so popular--who can resist hamburger, mashed potatoes, and cheese. I think my kids could eat this once a week!