Thursday, March 10, 2011

Sleep, Blog, Or Read?


That has been the question for me lately-
and I guess you can figure out what I have chosen lately at the end of a long day with many little people who need my attention.

Wait.

That sounded like I think I am a queen of some domain, or something-
What I MEAN is:
The "Little People" as in
my 19 darling first graders,
and my own sweet boys-.

I find myself so tired at the end of a day,
that I get my boys into bed,
and then prop myself up to read in my bed.
But within twenty minutes,
I find myself
giving up because I haven't even turned one page...
That kind of tired.

The sad thing about me going to bed by nine in the evening (!!) every night of the week, including most Friday or Saturday nights-
is that my blog is neglected,
reading my favorite blogs are negelected,
and Tin Man is neglected too.

Now, that makes me feel so guilty!
[Not the blog stuff, I mean, but my neglected husband!]

He's been good about it,
but he's been coming up to our room with puppy dog eyes,
saying, "What about if I read up here with you for a bit until you get sleepy?"
(And this is someone who doesn't love to read like I do-)

Then he goes to play X-Box with his friends until he comes to bed much later...
which I don't even know when that is as I am SO dead asleep by then.

I did read a GREAT book, though, that I must tell everyone about:
[Eventually I should post about it on my book blog-or maybe I'll just 'cut and paste' this part-]
Peace Like A River
by Leif Enger

What a fantastically written novel!
Murder, jail break, miracles, family drama: The perfect fiction book.
It was SO good, that I called up my dad [who loves to read like I do-] and said,
"DAD! Go to the library and get this book right now, you'll love this one."
He did, and he loved it.
Even Tin Man is now reading it, and telling me how good it is...

Everyone around me (well it seems like everyone-) has either a Kindle or a Nook.
I have gone back and forth about getting one,
and STILL can't make up my mind!
I do want one,
because the thought of having a trillion books
in my hand at one time makes me positively giddy.
However, which one?!?!
I can't decide, so I haven't bought either one.
I have narrowed it down to the Nook,

-I think I have,
maybe,
I mean,
I pretty sure I have narrowed it down-

but should I get color, or black and white?
The color one you can view magazines, and children's books, but only has an eight hour charge.
The black and white one holds a charge for 10 days or so,
and has a screen easy to see outside.


Oh, Decisions, decisions, decisions...
I need to make up my mind by beach reading time (!!!), though.
(Can you help me decide?)
post signature
(..who loves, loves, LOVES! to read~)

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Hopefully you can rest up over Spring Break. I use my son's NOOK sometimes but I can't seem to get the hang of it and I really like the feel & smell of a book, but the NOOK color would be great for magazines.

Take care,
Michelle

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Sounds like a great book, my friend! I will have to get it too! No worries about tending to your blog...you will have plenty of time when the boys are older...the time DOES seem to go by very quickly. I feel as though I am being laid off from my mothering duties these days! ♥

Kelli said...

I have neglected reading and that's what I need to get back into. I had to laugh at you Tin Man being with you until you fall asleep. Rondell does the same and then if off playing some game on FB until "I don't know what time." He's such a night owl :) Thanks for sharing about the book. Good luck with deciding about the digital book. Some say not the one where you have to go through Amazon because the other one you can get them from the library (I get confused which is which).

April said...

There are many days when there just doesn't seem to be enough time to do everything you need or want to do. We all struggle with that from time to time. Amazingly, though, things seem to always have a way of working themselves out. I really don't know much about E-readers. My brother-in-law has a Kindle and loves it...he's an avid reader, too. I may have to check out that book...sounds like something I would definitely enjoy!

Lindsay-ann said...

Hope you get a break soon to catch up with things. I am missing you but totally understand you not being around much right now.
My husband loves his Amazon Kindle. I am old fashioned and like my 'real' books. Good luck with deciding.
Hope you are having a good weekend.
Lindsay
x