Sunday, March 6, 2011

I GOT TWO! I GOT TWO! I GOT THREE, I GOT THREE! I GOT ONE!!!

We had the most fun this past weekend.
Our summer cottage is closed up until the Spring thaw
(which seems NOT to be arriving here in Michigan any time soon-),
but we had our Cottage neighbors/friends over to our house for the weekend.
So. Much. Fun.
We all decided to have the three families meet up in the Metro Detroit area for the weekend, and see the movie, Gnomeo and Juliet with all the kids, then dinner at our house, (and even a trip to IKEA the following day-).
Tin Man grilled an amazing tenderloin, and made a salad, made his homemade cocktail sauce for shrimp cocktail,

 while another family brought homemade macaroni and cheese,
and the third family brought drinks, and chocolate brownies.
(There was not one bit of food left at the end of the night--
everything was so divinely yummy!!!)

It just was like our Summer nights we all spend together Up North ,
 but just Downstate.
 Minus bathing suits...
And with too much snow...

The littlest guys found many things to do together like LEGOS, Rescue Heroes, cars, and dinosaurs:

And the older boys played soccer, Foosball, hockey, Uno,

 X-box, and even learned the new game with the adults:


We learned and played  a new game which will definitely be making its way with us North for the summer, as it was a HUGE hit:

Have you ever played this game, PIT?

It is so easy,
and so much fun when you are with great friends!
I found myself laughing
(and shrieking, and screaming--if you have played the game, you know what I mean-)
 all evening long.

As one of our friends posted on Facebook about the evening which made the rest of us chuckle, because we were thinking the same thing (!!):

"I was shrieking commodities trades in my dreams last night. Scary stuff! Thanks again for a fantastic evening!!"


post signature
(...who loves a night spent with the best Summer neighbors in the Winter!)

5 comments:

April said...

That DOES sound like such a fun time! Nothing like being with friends who make life so much more enjoyable! We had a great weekend, as well. Just got home from my brother-in-law's surprise 50th birthday party. I'm planning on sharing about it some time this week. My mother-in-law really outdid herself!

Kelli said...

That sounds like an amazing time. Homemade cocktail sauce...yum! I've never played that game but it sounds like fun.

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

Sounds like an amazing weekend! I've never heard of that game before but it sounds fun.

Shell in your Pocket said...

I have never heard of this game but it sounds fun!

sandy toe

jules said...

I've never heard of that game.

I love good times with good friends.