Either someone really loves me,
or is trying to make me crazy.
Like -commit-me-already- insane.
Dear Mystery Benefactor
-or-
Dear Person Who is Trying To Make Me Crazy:
It is working.
I think you have driven me crazy.
Or at least on the way to crazy~
Because who just parks a gift at the front door without telling the person who it is from?!
Little Nana would make sure to remind me to send a thank you note.
And I would,
If I knew who you were!
This has consumed my thoughts-
I look at everyone up here at the cottage, and think:
Could it be You??
You who must know my taste in decor for the cottage-
Lighthouses, Americana.
You who knows the colors I decorate with,
The reds, the whites, and the blues.
You who seems to even know the wood grain around this cottage that I love-
With the knots in the pine of the kitchen cabinets, side tables, and armoires.
Thank You,
...But who are you?
Who left this amazing Lighthouse framed picture at my front door?
Who are you
that while I was at the beach-reading a Elin Hilberbrand book, which is very delicious, by the way-
left this propped by our front door?
(WARNING: THE FOLLOWING PHOTO IS A RE-CREATION)
So when I walked up for a cold drink to take back to the beach,
I did a double-take.
I looked around,
thinking to myself,
"Could this really be for me?"
Who left it here for me?
Tin Man?
No-he has assured me, it is not him.
The neighbors???
I have drilled each one-
and they all plead innocence.
So thank you,
Mystery Benefactor-
I like my picture.
I really LOVE my beautiful picture!
See?
I have hung it in a place of honor.
In your honor,
If I knew who in the world you are!
So thank you-
Love,
Ruby Red Flip-Flops...
Who is usually known as:
when it is not Summer.
when it is not Summer.(... who hopes you have a Mystery Benefactor that gives great Summer gifts too!)




16 comments:
I haven't gotten any mystery gifts! You lucky girl!
Love this! A summer mystery!:) Lori
I do love a good mystery. I'm sure it's just because you're so special! Glad someone took the time to think of you and get you something you enjoy!
How fun! What a great surprise!
I love Elin Hilderbrand! Her books are so fun!
oh how fun!
sandy toe
That IS a cute picture! Oh my goodness!!! It looks perfect!
What a fun surprise. That would drive me crazy. I don't like not knowing. Enjoy.
How fun and exciting to get a surprise gift!!
what a perfect fit! wish i could take credit :) but nope! not me!
Unexpected gifts and gestures are so meaningful! How lovely! Enjoy!
It looks wonderful....
What a fun treat! By the way, it looks like you guys are having WAY too much fun! Happy Summer!!
That's such a great mystery. I LOVE the picture. It looks perfect in your cottage. I hope you find out who it was.
Lindsay
x
It's beautiful! WOW - I love where you put it!
LOVE it! And the mystery just makes it more fun!
A mystery would drive me nuts, but I love the gift! They chose well :)
Post a Comment