Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Dancing In the Moonlight; Among Other Things~

The week of our American Independence Day- up here at the cottage-
is by far my most favorite week of the year.

When you are surrounded by friends,




surrounded family,




and fill your week with fun~
There is truly no place I would rather be!

Like going to THE parade and watching the kids chase down the candy passed out:

Watching my darling niece and nephew as they join in on Parade fun for the first time:

Laughing with my mom all week:

(She had just soaked herself watering my flowers~)

Watching Happy Boy watching Papa who was sleeping with a smile:


Watching the boys playing at the beach with friends and in the water:



and like I said in the title:
even Dancing in the Moonlight.

{Introducing the Birch Street Boys doing the Cha-Cha~}

{Two of the more adventurous Birch Street Boys doing the "Coffee-Grinder"}

Each Tuesday evening, there is a band playing,
people dancing,
kids playing:

All our cottage friends (armed with our ice cream and kids)  made an evening of going to town for Music in the Street night this week.

Oh how I love our Summers at the Cottage!!!

This week really  has really been my idea of Heaven~

{Having Air Conditioning as it is nearing 100 degrees is also of added benefit...
because "Heaven" could have quickly turned into "hell" (!!) as this 90 degree heat wave has hit.}

So we are still in a little pocket of Heaven on Earth~
At the cottage...


Wish you were here too,

post signature
(...Who is currently known around town as "Ruby Red Flip-Flops"...)

10 comments:

Dawn said...

it looks like cottage life is a blast! and i suppose it would be moonlight dancing if the sun ever went down :) your little niece & nephew are so cute- and to watch experience the parade? fun! sile, splash, and don't wear those flip flops out with too much dancing!

Kelli said...

These posts always make me want to run up and buy a cottage. Looks like such a great time. I got your email today and will reply when I get home :)

Lindsay-ann said...

Your cottage window boxes look so pretty. I loved seeing your fun pictures from your 4th July celebrations. The Birch Street Boys have some great dance moves! Glad you are enjoying this special time at your cottage with all your friends and family. Wish I was there too :(
Lindsay
x

trish said...

What a great time you all have there at your cottage. I love how you have "cottage friends". :o) When we camped with friends of ours (while living in Florida) we always scouted out a place for ice cream. It became such a fun tradition. :o)
Too cute ... that your ruby red slippers are flip flops now!! :o)
Enjoy your great summer get a ways!
Sincerely ~ Tricia

Sandy said...

Your posts are such fun to read! Really wish I had a Summer Cottage, but trying very hard not to be envious! I am very happy for you and your family! Happy Summer!

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

Looks like a wonderful time!!

My favorite picture was the one of Papa and Happy Boy! Precious!!

Mrs. NB

Shell in your Pocket said...

Oh..how I love that parade...such a fun one!

Your sister is pregnant???

Congrats!

sandy toe

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Looks like you guys had a GREAT Fourth! So fun!

XOXO
Jen

Kristin said...

What a great time! I am usually a big 4th of July person but it was raining all weekend. Not fair. Seems you all are geting a taste of the heat wave that we had a week or two ago.

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

Life at the cottage looks EXCITING! Enjoy your little piece of heaven!