I am surrounded by amazing, avid gardeners up here at my cottage.
I swear, if I went around to my cottage neighbors' homes, and took pictures of THEIR flowers, you would be completely impressed. I am completely impressed!
However, I dropped Tin Man's camera in the sand and BROKE it, ....Ummm, I mean, I think the kids broke Tin Man's camera, and so there are no pictures of the neighbor's flowers.
Instead there are some pictures of my "flowers" to show off.
This past Spring, at {my favorite place in the whole world except the cottage-} Hobby Lobby, they had the cutest 'cottage' window-boxes for flowers. I bought a few and knew the perfect spot for them...The cottage:
I got coconut liners, and filled up the three baskets with dirt and some flowers.
I think they are coming in nicely...although the deer (!!!) have eaten all the flowers in one of the window boxes. {The camera is 'not working properly', or I would show you-}
{Well, That's the show, Folks-that truly was the extent of my "green thumb"}
***
{Hmmm...What else? What else? Oh! I got it:}
We went to the farmer's market {which is the place to be on Saturday mornings up here-}, and picked up this oh-so-awesome! patio garden:
There are edible pansies that the boys are picking and eating-
{I mean, they won't eat a salad, but eating an edible flower is somehow living on the edge, and they think they are so cool when eating those things-}
It also has onions,
lettuce,
tomatoes,
zucchini,
and chives.
{Tin Man had to have it, and I really liked the basket, so there it is on the back deck!}
***
{I am just adding this picture of the boys eating lunch on the back deck because I can...and because I happen to find them the cutest boys around-but then, again, I am their mom! They are LOVING every second of their Summer!}
We have had the most beautiful, warm weather so far this Summer, and have spent most days at the beach, on the sea-doo.
{Cue the happy face of Tin Man:}
***
As we were sitting with our cottage friends at the beach
-on one of those gorgeous, breezy, sunny, perfect-day-for-the-beach kind of days-
We were talking about how the
Summer of 2009 {which was cold, rainy, all around horrid-} was actually good for something:
It made us all extra-appreciative of this beautiful
Summer of 2010 we are enjoying.
Summer of 2010 we are enjoying.
Hope your Summer is just as sunny, and beautiful where you are,

(but you can call me:)
Ruby Red Flip-Flops in the Summer...




4 comments:
Whoo hoo...look at you! So glad your thumb is a little green and the you are thoroughly enjoying your summer.
i am super impressed with your window box! and i LOVE the patio garden- i need to look for one of those :) i don't ahve a green thumb on either hand... so i get it. i would've loved your neighbor's flowers... if your kiddos get the camera fixed please post 'em!
keep on enjoying your beautiful summer!
You make everything so beautiful! I love that!
I have ALWAYS wanted window boxes. Yours are lovely and add that perfect touch!
Post a Comment