A while back,
my oldest son walked over to where I was grading papers after school,
at the kitchen table. He leaned over
and gave me a big kiss on my cheek,
and gave me a big kiss on my cheek,
and then held out his hand:
and said,
"Mom I have eight kisses just for you.
You can have these-
I got them at school.
I put them in my pocket and saved them for you all day.
Sorry they are a little sweaty and squished,
but
I know how much you like chocolate.
So here-."
(Gratutious picture of my Nature Boy on a field trip to a local small airport.
He actually was able to fly this plane too-)
{Back story: I was craving some chocolate one day.
It was one of those kind of days-
I was tearing through the pantry looking for
something,
anything (!)
chocolate.
I was complaining aloud how this house never had food that I liked.
Like CHOCOLATE WHEN I NEED IT.}
Boys, it seems, never need chocolate like I do.
We just don't keep chocolate around this house much-
But they do listen when I say I need it.
Thank you, my sweet, sweet Nature Boy.
(Academic Awards Night 2012)

(...who has a very attentive house full of boys without chocolate cravings like I have,
but are willing to give me some when needed!)



1 comment:
umm... sweaty chocolate is better than no chocolate?!
Post a Comment