Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Letters From Brazil /Brazil #6/


Hi my dear, dear Dancing Boy*!!!


Man, oh man, would you be loving Brazil! It is so warm all the time, and the beach water is warm too-as warm as the pool in Marco Island!




All the men, and boys wear a bathing suit called a speedo, so I bought one for you! I am counting on you wearing on the beach in East Tawas!!!

I am having such a great time, but I sure do miss hugging you, and kissing you!!!!

I had pizza last night for dinner at this amazing restaurant. Brazilians make the best pizza, who knew?! They make it how you and I like it:hardly any sauce!!! Dad would have to order extra times 10 sauce down here for him to like it!!!

I walked the beach today and saw a tiny jellyfish the size of dad's pinky nail-it was so cute!!!


I have learned a few words in Portuguese that I will teach you:

Good morning: bon jia

thanks: bree-ga-ta

thank you: Oh-bree-ga-to

pineapple (my favorite food and drink down here!): ah-ba-CA-she

That is all I know. I accidentally held my hand a certain way at a cashier, and found out it was like I was swearing at her!!! I was so embarrassed, and felt bad.

A good sign to give is a thumbs up-everyone gives you a thumbs up-


I bought you a beautiful wooden and purple surfboard key chain for your backpack...and a few other things! I think you may like it-

I also got you a magazine in Portuguese that is about a turtle rescue that we are going to tomorrow.




You would like the sausage here-at restaurants, they bring out a sausage here the size of a giant hot dog, on a stick, and they bring out as many as you can eat, as much as you want! They are like a dollar a sausage, and it is the best hot dog you have ever eaten.
I love and miss you so very much-
Please, please have daddy give you a hug and kiss and tell him to tell you I love you sooooooooo much!!!!

Love, mom
*Names are changed from actually email. We do not refer to our kids as such in real life.
post signature

No comments: