Dearest Happy Boy*,
Oh how I love and miss you!!!!!
Right now, tell daddy to kiss you all over your face for me-Your eyes, your nose, your chin, each cheek, and your ears. It is from me, and he needs to tell you I love you to infinity and beyond!
You would love to be here in Brazil with me, the bananas are the BEST you ever had, and they never rot, they always taste so amazing-even when brown. And the pineapples taste like a dessert! (Aunt Jen and I ate one every day-)
Also, at alll the nice restaurants, they have PLAYGROUNDS-REALLY NICE ONES~! for you to play on while the parent eat.
You would have so much fun at restaurants, you would beg to go out with dad and I on our date nights. They even have a 'nanny' that watches all the kids while parents eat. At the restaurants, you can order a whole pitcher of juice for your dinner-and the pineapple juice is what aunt Jen and I order out. You would love it!!!!
Megan has two boys who you would love-their favorite movie is CARS 2, and they love to jump on their trampoline in the yard.
They have been in school most every day,
but one day this week, we are taking them to a turtle rescue.
I went to the boys school and saw kids on recess-on recess the kids play soccer, and fooseball, like the one we have at home in the movie room.
I saw a little boy about your size beat a bigger kid at fooseball, he was jumping and so happy!
I also visited the first grade classroom and took a few pictures...
I think I like my classroom better-it is quite a bit bigger. But they do have much cuter and brighter desks...
Also, at the school, they have a mini zoo-they have guinea pigs, and turtles, so on recess, the kids can play with them, and feed them. I thought you would find that neat.
They have coconut trees all over Meg's yard, and when a coconut falls, the gardener (Mam-ah-jee)
cuts it open with his big knife, and puts a straw in it for us, and I drank coconut water!
You would love it too!! They also have a really beautiful pool, and I have been swimming in it, wishing you were here to jump into my arms.
One thing you would find so neat here, because you like policemen, is that they have a lot of policemen in the big city we visited (Salvador). They walk around everywhere, so you feel very, very safe. They don't have little guns, either-the have giant machine guns!!!!
There are LOTS of motorcycles here in Brazil, which I know you would like to see, but I cannot let you ride on one!!!! They go sooo fast here, and they speed down the sidewalk, or in between cars on the busy roads.
Please don't ride on a motorcycle in Brazil, I would be tooo worried for you!!! They ride very dangerously here on them. They even have motorcycle taxis here, which you can not ride on either, because I love you tooo much!!!
At least it is the law they all have to wear helmets.
Brazilians love Jesus, I think, because everyone has a sign on their car that says, "100% JESUS"...kind of different, but neat.
I got you a maraca-one that will clip on your backpack for school-at this really neat market yesterday.
And you have to hold on to your purse really tight, because people try to steal your money there in the giant elevator!!! Isn't that crazy??? I also rode on an escalator at the grocery store today-but it doesn't have steps-it is a flat surface that goes straight up. Very different. And it is magnetic, so the grocery cart just sticks to it. It looks like it would slide down, but it sticks!
I also visited a church, and saw some pastors (priests) dressed differently.
I have seen so many neat things here-one thing you would find neat is that we saw a group of three donkeys walking along the shore of the beach together. (!)
Yes, they were just walking down the shore together! I took a picture of that for you. It was like three donkeys walking on the beach at the cottage, but no one (but me and Aunt Jen) thought it was crazy...
Tomorrow, I am going back to the beach, and I will find you a special seashell--and I will pet a turtle just for you.
We are going to a turtle rescue.
I love you, I love you, I love you like crazy, my little boy!!!!
Love, Mommy
(FOUR MORE SLEEPS UNTIL I KISS YOUR PRECIOUS FACE!!!)
Have daddy kiss you until then for me, please!
*Names are changed from actually email. We do not refer to our kids as such in real life.




1 comment:
loving your letters :)
Post a Comment