I am still in Brazil, so I decided to have a guest chef here today to share with you
his signature drink concocted for me on Mother's Day:
He is very happy school is out for the summer,
as he 'hates' to be
'tucked in',
hair fixed,
belt on,
'school ready'
every morning.
(Refer to picture above as proof positive he is VERY happy to be on summer break-)
(On a field trip with my first grade class. A great perk of my job: I sometimes am able to take my own kids on my class' field trips. This one was the end of the year zoo trip 2012-)
On Mother's Day,
I was enjoying the day,
laying on the hammock reading a book (surprise, surprise-) on our back deck.
Dancing Boy was in the kitchen busily mixing, and stirring, and tasting.
Soon, however, he brought out something "frothy" just for me:
It was mighty sweet,
and probably caused a massive glucose spike,
but it was made with love.
He called it,
"The Royal Mama"
It was the drink he made for me on Mother's Day.
And I LOVED it...because he made it.
Then,
as we were leaving to go visit with my sister and my parents later that evening on Mother's Day,
he rushed into the kitchen again to recreate this drink for his beloved aunt,
as he was sure she also would love it.
And she did:
My proud little 'drink mixer' thought you may also enjoy his drink this summer,
and so,
here is the recipe from my darling little Dancing Boy
(which he painstakingly wrote out-)
so you too can make a
"Royal Mama"
{A small tip: You may want to enjoy this drink with a shot of insulin.}

(...who loves being a "Royal Mama" to my ingenious, creative, ready for summer break Dancing Boy)



2 comments:
I have to tell you that the way my Blogger feed cropped the photo of you and your son made it look like you were choking him. ;)
I hope you are having a wonderful vacation!
oh i love the "royal mama" recipe!!! i bet it isn't quite as sweet as your dancing boy though!
Post a Comment