Merry Christmas!
No, Really! Merry Christmas to YOU!!!
I know I should probably wait for my 100th post, but I am too excited to wait-and it is Christmas time! I have something special I want to give away. (RIGHT NOW!)
If you've been following my blog, you might be aware of my reading addiction. I read every chance I get. I carry a book in my purse (not the Twilight ones-too heavy!) and have a magazine to read in the car (People Magazine, of course!)...You don't want to see the nightstand by the side of my bed-it is FILLED with books! Thank God I have an office here at home-it keeps my many, many books that I can't part with...
There is a Christmas series that my dear Tin Man bought for me a few years ago, as an early Christmas gift. I read them leading up to Christmas Day...and cried my eyes out! (...and sometimes it was the ugly cry! If that doesn't tell you how awesome these books are-you might not want to continue reading this...)
So- here is my gift to you this Christmas~
I am giving the Christmas Shoes series away to one of you (with a box of tissues!) if you leave a comment by midnight December 1st about this post. I will pick one comment out of a hat (I know, I am so computer Savvy!). I will post the winner by 11 a.m. on December 2nd.
(The give away includes The Christmas Shoes, The Christmas Blessing, The Christmas Hope, and The Christmas Promise AND a box of Tissues, AND -SURPRISE!-a Starbucks gift card-so you can stay awake to read all the books before Christmas Day!) Because I love to read, and I love Christmas books, I also will be giving a "runner-up" Christmas book to the second name I draw...
("A Redbird Christmas" is by one of my favorite authors-Fannie Flagg. She is the writer of "Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe" and "Can't Wait To Get To Heaven". ***I am enclosing "Can't Wait To Get To Heaven" in the runner-up prize because it is one of my top ten favorite books...)
~Ruby Red Slippers (...Who is giving away a book about shoes! How perfect!)









32 comments:
I need some grown up reading material! I'm begging you! Anything that doesn't have big pictures, lift-flaps or pop-ups would be great!!!
Wow! What a giveaway! I do love some Christmas cheer!
I'm in!
yeah, how fun... I love reading books too! Thanks...
What a fabulous giveaway! I love books too! I have not read this series so I definitely need to win! ;)
How fun is this!? And, how funny I am commenting on your blog, when you are right across the street!!!
How fun...put me in! The book sounds wonderful and would be great to take to NC this Christmas...but the Starbucks sounds mmmm even better!
-sandy toes
Oh, yes...please count me in...I love books, too!!!! How fun!!!!
How Exciting! I am so excited about this Christmas series that I am going to buy it if I don't win! I love everything about Fannie Flagg-I can't believe I haven't read her Christmas book....love a good Southern author!
Pick me Pick me! Love to read things that make me cry. I am just silly like that.
What a great giveaway. Please can I enter if people outside of the US are allowed?
I have never heard of those books. They sound my kind of thing.
Best Wishes
Lindsay
Oooh count me in! I have not read a book since the Twilight series :) I need something light and Christmasy :)
Oh, I hope I win!!! What a fun give away!!
Had to come visit one of my favorite blogging friends!
YEAH! on your almost 100th post!!!!
Everybody loves a giveaway...count me in.
I love to read and I love Christmas! What a great giveaway for us Christmas Reading fanatics! Count me in!
As long as these books don't rhyme count me in! (Can you tell I am tired of kids books). LOL
I'm in! FUN!
(Anyone can enter-even from other countries...)
~Ruby Red Slippers
What a great giveaway! I am such a bookworm!
Wow! This is a great giveaway! I love to read Christmas books. ~Michelle
Hey Lori,
Was the other countries comment directed at me????
I think i have been sent my fair share of books from you!
I hope the book prize winners are very content with their reading material!
For all of you in the US, we here in Australia have just started our first day of Summer - it is daylight from 5.30am until after
8pm at the moment!!!! I know i am making you all very envious!!!
Loving your blogg Ruby Red Slippers and seeing the boys!!!
Love Me xx
What a fun idea! Count me in for sure! Have you read the Richard Paul Evans series? So sweet, too.
Happy Christmas season to you!!!
Hugs, Les
Hi! Your blog is SO cute! I found you through the Pink Potporie, where my wreath was highlighted! I hope you've tried them! ;)
I am so excited about your giveaway as well! I was just talking with a friend tonight, as we were making Christmas candy, about reading a holiday series!!! I hope I win! :) Merry Christmas!
Alright, Ruby...you've peeked my interest with a Christmas series of books!! Starbucks too? You ARE the Christmas angel on top of my tree!!!!
.mac :-)
That is such a gorgeous give-away!
I had a laugh when you said in your comment on my blog that it is 32 degrees where you are, and it's cold... It's 32 degrees here today, too, only we're hot! Something to do with that Fahrenheity thingy and the Celsius doozywhatsit. Anyhoo, hope you're rugged up and snuggly warm... I'm doing just fine by the fan;)
Oh, COOL! I just read the "anyone can enter, even if from other countries" comment... Am I too late now??? What time is it there...? Jiminy Crickets, count me in! Bless your cotton socks Mrs Red Shoes!!!
How neat! I loved Fried Green Tomatoes, but I've never read anything else by Fannie Flagg.
Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! :)
What a sweetheart you are! You are so funny (and impatient!LOL) I love reading. I love Starbucks!
I have been meaning to tell you that my friend bought me these glittery red heels - I should take a pic and show them to you. They are way cute!
I love that Miss Ruby Red Slippers is giving away The Christmas Shoes!! And since I accidentally dropped Twilight into the bathtub this weekend (thankfully I was on my second time through it!), I need some new material! heh
How sweet and generous you are!! Happy 100th post! :o) Count me in!
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne
Wow, something for me to sit down and enjoy this month? Count me in!
I'm so sorry I missed this!
Post a Comment