Once upon a time....

(and not that long ago), was a kind and handsome, but heart-broken boy. He and his girlfriend had broken-up, and he was telling his aunt (who adores him, by the way) all about it.
Now this aunt was so sad for her nephew (who is one of fourteen nieces and nephews-) that she worried about him for days...and planned...and plotted...and finally came up with 'the perfect solution'...
This aunt called her sister (who also has a ton of nieces and nephews by marriage) and together- they schemed...and planned...and plotted.
The Aunt (who we can call 'The Matchmaker'-yes-that has quite the ring to it...) decided to host a dinner party. She called her nephew and invited him. Then she called her sister and asked her to come and bring that beautiful, and sweet niece of hers that was about the same age of The Matchmaker's nephew.
Then The Matchmaker and her sister discussed the benefits of being married and out of the dating world! (The sisters were both more nervous about THIS introduction than they had been in a long time!)
The Matchmaker made her first (but probably last) match...It was a success (!)...A friendship began that evening, and (possibly) a special match was made...And the Matchmaker's nephew was so thankful that he called his aunt the night of the introduction expressing his thanks. (Do you see why The Matchmaker wanted to set him up? He just might be part angel!)
The Matchmaker (and her own Match Made In Heaven) have now even double-dated with this young couple....an art exhibit, and dinner downtown. (Isn't young love grand?!)
~Ruby Red Slippers (I mean, THE MATCHMAKER!)



17 comments:
Awww!
I'm always a sucker for a good love story...very sweet!!
Such a sweet story!! Cute couple!
-sandy toes
How sweet, they make a cute couple.
YEA, isn't matching making grand? I have a few under my belt that are now happily married (including my brother and my best friend...yipee).
So sweet. They do make a cute couple.
I love posts like this!Cute story.
This story warms my heart. So Sweet!!
Awww...so sweet! Both of you couples are so cute :)
Sneaky you! I wasn't sure if you were the one being set up, or if you were the crafty auntie! How fun!
Carrie
Adorable!!! Who doesn't love a happy ending!
Wonderful story. Thanks for sharing.
Lindsay
Good Job! They are so cute together!
Whose got a big head now, Mrs. Matchmaker?
Very sweet Matchmaker! :-)
That is an awesome story!!! =) Way to go, Match-Maker!!!
Sweet! I love going out with young ones since I still consider myself one!
I needed an Aunty like you!!! I moved interstate at the worst time - the age of 17 - and so had to start all over again socially... it was AWFUL! And a boy would have made my transition SO much easier!!! :) Oh, Aunty Ruby Red Slippers, you're the sweetest! Your nephew is a 'lucky' boy...
Post a Comment