I know, get over myself. It is election day, and no one cares. But I can't watch the news anymore, I am thinking about this.
It is just another birthday. One year closer to forty. I feel the gray hairs growing faster and the wrinkles coming on quicker as I type...
But even though I hate getting older, I still love the thrill of an unknown gift for my birthday. (Haven't you read the sidebar-It's only a few days away!!!)
My first gift has arrived all the way from Australia-You know you are special when you get a gift from half-way around the world...Thank you to my dear friend Kylie. You have made my week!
Now here's the INSIDER INFORMATION on the election that you are more interested in:
One of two people will win, I am sure of it. I hope I don't spoil it for you, but it's going to be McCain or Obama...
~Ruby Red Slippers (...who is getting too close to forty but will still wake up excited on my birthday because of the gifts!)



12 comments:
This is a cute post!
Happy almost birthday. What was the gift?
Shut up!! TODAY is my 36th birthday!!! I knew I liked you!
I celebrated my birthday the whole month of September - I say you get November ;) Happy Birthday!
(I didn't open it! I am going to wait until Thursday...)
I am a firm believer you should celebrate at least for the week- so Tin Man has gotten the kids up and dresses and let the dog out and fed since Saturday...I better not push my luck, because that alone is a gift!
Happy Birthday to you Heatherpride!!! Cool!
happy almost birthday!
I saw in your comment that you're waiting to open your gift on Thursday. Not me...no way!! When I have a present in my hands, the paper is ripped off in time-warp speed!! :) That was so sweet of your friend to think of you!
I do hope you have a very Happy Birthday!!
OOOH I love gifts too & I love giving them. The anticipation & receiving just the right gift! Happy almost birthday :)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY RUBY RED SLIPPERS!!
Such a fun post! I sure hope that your Birthday is extra special!!
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne
Oooooh the suspense! Have fun counting down the days!
Hey! My birthday is this week too - this Friday!! Happy Birthday!
Yes,
What was the gift?
:-)
Post a Comment