Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Come On In...Transformation!


Happy Thanksgiving!
This week is a busy one for us as the kids finish up at school for the break, and we pack up and head north to our cottage for the last time in 2008. Soon the cottage will look like this:


Before we leave, I thought I would show you what I've been working on...

I love a good deal, and I also love a quick, easy transformation that I can complete during my little one's nap time...


I bought these outdated candlesticks at a garage sale for two dollars a pair. I loved the shape, but not the color of the wood. I roughed them up with sand paper just a bit. Then I bought silver spray paint, and made a quick change...

They were dry by the end of nap time, and ready for my master bathroom that night... (If you come back Wednesday-I'll give you a peak into my FAVORITE room-my bathroom- where these new candlesticks have a home...)

***I'll also be announcing a give away soon!***

~Ruby Red Slippers (Candlesticks: $2.00, Spray Paint: $3.00, Sandpaper: borrowed from neighbor...Total Cost for Ambiance: Priceless!)

22 comments:

April said...

Wow! Talk about spiffy! I love them and the cost...amazing! You won't mind if I join you at your little cottage in the woods, will you? Looks so cozy!!!

Can't wait to hear about your giveaway...don't keep us hanging too long!

Anonymous said...

hi! i love your blog! your family is absolutely precious and you have so many wonderful things on here!

what a great idea with the candle sticks! i happen to have a quick craft featured on my blog today, so you might enjoy it!

Kristin said...

Have fun on your get away.
Love the candle sticks. You are so crafty. If I see something ugly I never think about how easily I could fix it up.

Girly Stuff said...

I like all things silver! Snazzy sticks!

Have fun at the cottage! And a Happy Thanksgiving!

Kelly said...

Hi! I'm glad you enjoyed the wreathes! They were so fun, and easy to make! I'm sure your boys would love to help! :) You have a beautiful family!

2 Little Irish Boys said...

I love how you take advantage of "naptime". The candelsticks are fabulous!!
Looking forward to your giveaway!

The Farmers Wife said...

Crafty and cute, all during nap time! That equals total awesomeness! They look great!

HeatherPride said...

Beautiful!! And is your bathroom red?! You saucy girl you!!

michele said...

Creative, fun and I love the end result!

Lindsey said...

I just found your blog and I LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

You are so fun..
I love the transformation..
I just love it..

Annikke said...

Hope your trip is fun!

Can't wait to see the bathroom and hear about a giveaway? A giveaway? Really? YAY!

Jenni said...

I love your candlesticks transformation! They turned out great! :) And you can't beat the cost. I hope you have a wonderful day! :)

Quiche Me, I'm Yours! said...

We miss you guys! Have fun up at the cabin and we'll see you all real soon!!!!!

Girly Stuff said...

It's OK that you loved the movie. Maybe it helped that your own personal "Edward" was sitting next to you!

He should definitely keep things on the down-low (not the Oprah kind) about Twilight!

Lindsay-ann said...

Hope you enjoy your last visit of 2008 to your cottage. Is there room for me?!! It looks wonderful. I love your candlestick makeover and can't wait to see them in your bathroom.
Best Wishes for Thanksgiving.
Lindsay

Anonymous said...

Oh I love the candlesticks!
Your boys are so adorable!
Thanks for stopping by. I have finished telling the Nightmare before Thanksgiving story.
Finish reading if you haven't yet!

Shell in your Pocket said...

Look at you! You soon will buy spray paint like a gallon of milk. I love those candlesticks...so cute!!! Do you have a wood fireplace in your cottage? What a fun place for a holiday!
-sandy toes

cherry said...

Those turned out gorgeous! Good score! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! cherry

Anonymous said...

I LOVE these! They are SO pretty! What a great project. Like always!

Ms. Tee said...

Those are very cute! Enjoy your time away and have a wonderful Thanksgiving! :)

{oc cottage} said...

Verrrrrrry nice!!!
(Your blog banner is just too cute for words!)

M ^..^