
This was last Monday:
This past week, Tin Man made this especially for my mom.
Chicken Souvlaki:
In a plastic bag- marinate chicken breasts , 8 tablespoons of (fresh) lemon juice, 2 TBS. of oregano, 4 TBS. of olive oil, 1/2 tsp. of salt, 5 cloves of garlic-minced. Seal and shake, then marinate in refrigerator for at least thirty minutes-turn the bag over at least once.
Thread Chicken (chunked) on a skewers fresh veggies-like zucchini, onions, grape tomatoes, and green peppers.Grill on medium-high heat for eight minutes, turning at least once.
Tzatziki Sauce:
Tzatziki Sauce (also known as cucumber sauce) Stir together in a bowl, and store in refrigerator until needed: 1/2 cup cucumber peeled, seeded and shreded; 1/2 cup plain, low-fat yogurt; 1 TBS. lemon juice; 1/4 tsp. salt; 1 1/2 clove of garlic-peeled, and minced:
BUT...My parents don't get out of here without paying for their meal, though.
Oh-no sir!
No free rides around here!
The cost is:
...one bedtime story-
-and math homework help.
(I think WE got the good deal!)



18 comments:
Your parents are the cutest! How nice it must be for them to live close by!
When, oh, when will your hubby's talent run out? He really should have his own cooking show! Once again, I am beyond impressed! This recipe sounds SO good! It's definitely something my family would gobble down! :)
What a great tradition to have dinner with your parents every Monday!
How blessed you are to have your parents right there to be with!!! You have NO IDEA how wonderful that is!!!
I could only wish...
sandy toe
p.s. Your parents look GREAT!!!!
Looks very delicious. I am sure your lovely parents look forward to Mondays very much.
Lindsay
x
Oh and I love your beautiful new family picture on your sidebar.
How sweet that you do that with your parents each week - love that! And Tin Man is so sweet to cook for your mom. ;)
lol...my parents don't leave without paying for it either. They read my kids books too. Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!
What a great family you have!! My mom comes on Wednesdays so I can have "mom" day!!
I love that you do dinner together once a week--great tradition!!!
That sounds good. I don't think my kids would touch it but I'm game!
Seems like a cheap price to pay for that yummy food!! (I am SO coming to dinner one night...just you wait!)
Best friend says Happy Mothers Day...and Tin Man..Im making that one for me one night! YUMMY..You all look great!! give your Mom and Dad my love too!!.and hugs and kisses to the boys
Ill talk to ya soon...Pray hard (you know what I mean) love you!!!
Heather
You have a great looking extended family! I can't pronounce what Tin Man made but it looks FAB.U.LOUS! I LOOOOVE Greek food!
Sounds delicious! How great that your mom and dad come to dinner every Monday! So special for you and the boys.
YUMMMM - that looks delicious. And what a sweet tradition. A great way for your kids to know their grandparents better. I love it! I am making that recipe for sure. Thanks for sharing it!
XOXO
jen
Looks like a good time! Could Tin Man smile any bigger? He must love him some cucumber sauce!
Or his MIL.
Your man knows how to look after girls! Glad you all had such a lovely day. Thinking of you... Naomi
This looks awesome!! Tin Man has the perfect love language! And look at you...a big time meal every Monday? Sister, tell me when is your grocery day??? It's got to be on the weekend, huh? i bet it is. Let's see today is Monday and we had cheesy braughts and tater tots...my grocery day is Tuesday. Bet you never guessed that, huh??
:) .mac
Sounds delicious and I'm totally jealous that your man cooks lie that. DH's special dish is bologna bowls...don't ask!
Oh, that receipe sounds tasty, I'll have to try it out sometime soon. Its great your parents are able to come over each week for dinner...what a blessing!
Post a Comment