Much of this past weekend was about this: (which I had previously mentioned-)
I have serious garage sale issues. See what I mean?!
(We made 20 dollars -!- by selling cookies and lemonade-)
In all seriousness, we used all the profits from the last day of the sale and donated what we made to a local homeless shelter:
GRACE CENTERS OF HOPEBecause really-I won't get rich from selling my junk-but it can be used to give back to those who need a helping hand these days~which always makes you feel rich inside your heart!
AND~
As it is every year, Mother's Day was so special.
This year, we attended a Baby Dedication service with our dear friends and neighbors at their church. We were blessed to share this special day with them, and as their pastor spoke about family being more than just our blood relatives, but also includes those that follow Christ-I felt positively wealthy!
Thank you God for a wonderful family, good friends that are our "family of faith", and special days we can share together~

(...who feels like the richest woman around!)



16 comments:
Yay on your garage sale...I've always enjoyed having them, too! I don't know why, I guess I feel like I'm helping people because I, usually, sell everything so dirt cheap to get rid of it. Glad yours was such a success! I love the idea of having a lemonade and cookie stand...then donating the profits to help homeless people! What a great lesson you're teaching your boys!
What a great thing for you and your family to do. It is so great for your kids to learn the act of giving now so that it helps them be better people now and later.
I am glad to hear you had a great Mother's Day!
Girl, I WISH I loved garage sales! That is having them. I LOVE going to them, but I can't bare to have them...it's watching people just toss your stuff around.
And then barter with you over $.50!!!
Reading your post has made me have a change of heart, perhaps.
I said perhaps. :)
It DOES make you feel rich to give back to something greater.
k.Mac has a Sunshine for the Soul home goods line that strictly does just that.
We wrote our 1st check to Special Olympics just 3 months ago.
It felt great!
Now, if I could just sell my junk and feel like you do!!!
.mac :)
Glad your garage sale went well!!!
What a wonderful idea to give to a charity with your proceeds!
sandy toe
I too love going to yard sales, but am not so crazy about having them. In my ideal world, I would be able to get everything ready and set up beforehand, so that the day of I could just set the tables out. Unfortunately, that's not the case and so I just continue to accumulate.
Congrats on your success and on donating the money. That's a wonderful example.
What a great way to use the profit!
my kiddos love to set up a lemonade stand! or buy from one! so glad you had a great day having your sale- and sounds like your mother's day was full of love :)
I love the kiddos stand!! Very Cute!
Doesn't it feel great to get rid of all the stuff!
OK, I am inspired to have my boys do the cookies and lemonaide thing to raise money for a charity while we are doing our garage sale. Thanks for the idea! My boys will love it and it will show them a simple way they can help out.
Glad you had a blessed Mother's Day!
Mrs. Nurse Boy
How wonderful! I love having my things go to people that need them. My kids love having a little stand too. I love your idea of donating the money to charity too. What a great idea!
XOXO
Jen
What a great idea to donate some of your profits! So, glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day.
Great Work to use your garage sale profit to help others - wonderful for your boys to see! We've had "yard sales" but live too rural for many folks to come out here. We never make much money. :0(
You're an inspiration!
s
Great Work to use your garage sale profit to help others - wonderful for your boys to see! We've had "yard sales" but live too rural for many folks to come out here. We never make much money. :0(
You're an inspiration!
s
I love hosting and going to garage sales. How awesome that you donated your profits!! You inspire me!
You have a heart of gold. I love how you gave back to the community. The lemonade stand is soooooo cute. I would have bought them out if I were there!
You my dear are the bee's knees. I hate garage sales! I don't like the people, the getting up early, the sun burns... You are a saint!
Post a Comment